Sunday, March 31, 2019

Vegan Festival

Instead of 30 minutes on the indoor bike yesterday, Saturday, I went to the Inland Empire Vegan Festival where I thought I'd see some interesting sights, do a lot of walking.
A lot of walking it was. First because the only parking spot I could find was about a half mile away. There was the walk up to the venue on a pleasantly hot day, the walk back from the venue, and walking around the venue, so cardio done.
The walk to the venue was advantageous in more ways than one as I passed two Pokéstops. Didn't find any new creatures, but loaded a few Pokéballs into my virtual backpack.
Admission was free beginning noon, with a $25 charge for early admission at 11:00.
I arrived around 12:30 and quickly surmised I should have paid the $25 for early admission, because the venue was crowded and became even more so as the day wore on.
There was a lot of weaving my way through other humans, but I did manage to see everything, take a few snapshots.


That Girl Can Sing!





Vegan Tamales

Vegan Burgers

Vegan Eye Candy

There were rows and rows and rows of food trucks. In fact, instead of Vegan Festival they should have called it Vegan Food Trucks, because that’s what it was, with long lines at every truck. Everything looked delish. In addition to food trucks, there was vegan ice cream and vegan pastry stands.
I very nearly bought coconut macaroons, but not wanting to take the chance of eating something with an ingredient my gut didn’t like, I headed over to look at the knickknacks, clothing, jewelry and quickly blew through $75 on an all-natural charcoal activated face mask, tooth powder, charcoal infused tooth and gum oil and a colorful toothbrush.


Plan for today is to go nowhere, do nothing. I’m exhausted. This "use it or loose it" causing me to now be active every day is necessary to regain much of what has already been lost through so much time spent on the couch, not loose anything further, but it’s EXHAUSTING.

3 comments:

  1. Vegan and festival are two words that just don't go together for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes...but boy is it exhausting.

    ReplyDelete