Sunday, March 17, 2019

Happy Saint Patrick’s Day

Even though I’m technically not Irish, I always wear green.


I say technically because, back in the days of slavery, ancestors on my mother’s side were owned by an Irish plantation owner. Upon emancipation, family came away with that owner's Irish last name which was eventually buried through females marrying and taking the last names of their husbands.
No green bagels or green beer for me today, but I did color my nails and dress in a tee with those shamrock decorations.
Tomorrow is my second session with the Personal Trainer. 
I walked away from that first session feeling pretty good, but the aches hit me the day after, and the day after that. Today is the first day nothing hurt and we’re back at it tomorrow ─ Monday and then again Tuesday.
I saw results right away, just days BEFORE that first session, in that ─ after losing 20.5 pounds in 2017, the needle on the scale in the Game Room refused to budge.
No matter what I did, I could not lose, not a pound, not an ounce after that December.
Then, after deciding to sign up for personal training, I jumped on that scale and was down 5 pounds in one week.
I double checked on the scale in the Pain Cave, and it indicated I’d lost 6 pounds by then.
It’s almost like my being stuck since December 2017 was the Universe screwing with me, and when the Universe realized I was serious about the Pain Cave, it got scared straight ─ figured Oh Snap. She’s not messing around. I’d better show some progress can be made without all that effort.
Sorry, Universe. Too late. Besides, weight loss is not my goal ─ I’m training for strength and stamina, but I’ll take it.

4 comments:

  1. You are going to be one heck of a Wonder Woman when yyou are done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nails look great. I didn't think to do that. It's the little holiday efforts that keep us alive and enjoying life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree about the little holiday efforts. Makes life fun. Have to think of something for Easter.

      Delete