Sunday, March 3, 2019

Mother of Invention

Another wet weekend here in the Inland Empire.
Once again stuck inside, with energy to burn, I decided to Spring clean.
Even though the weather isn’t indicating Spring, I know it’s Spring because the new Pikachu is wearing a Spring flower in her hair.


Got quite a lot of cleaning done: On Saturday, I decluttered the hall and bedroom closets, cleaned the bedroom blinds, cleaned the kitchen blinds and, just when I raised the blinds to wash the window, a string broke and I was left with this.


Oh great! I have to put in another maintenance request, thought I.
I’m not feeling good about the office sending that Assistant Maintenance Guy (AMG) up with new blinds, and it will probably be he because he's the one who takes care of the small jobs.
I don’t care what anyone says. When my brain tells me I’m making too much of a situation ─ reading into it more than was intended, but my gut tells me otherwise, I listen to my gut.
Better safe than sorry.
My gut is telling me it was weird for AMG to so pointedly ask if there was anything else he could do for me because that’s not how it works around here. One puts in a request and, when the guys get around to it, they only take care of what is on the request.
Once work is completed, resident signs off.
It’s done this way because, believe it or not, management requires residents to pay for “damages caused by the resident in the unit”. And, of course, management works it so most requests are always, not wear and tear but considered “damage caused by resident”.
Consequently, if the resident has anything else they’d like the guys to take care of , while present, then the resident has to go down to the office and put in yet another request.
Last week and this week are going to cost me because, every time I clean something it breaks.
First was the stove.
I cleaned the oven, it failed a week later, and the entire stove had to be replaced.
No charge for that, because it was a timer issue.
However, last week's florescent kitchen bulb replacement cost a mere $2.50, but a cost nevertheless.
Now it’s the kitchen blinds.
The list of Resident Charges indicates I’ll be reimbursing Corporate $27.51 for new ones.
I’m steam cleaning the bathroom today. Hopefully, no baseboards or floor tiles come loose in the process.
To top it off, in the middle of tracking my cleaning frenzy, the strap on Fitbit broke.


Necessity is the mother of invention so, until I can get a replacement strap, there’s good old duct tape.


As for what I’m currently using for privacy in the kitchen …. again, necessity is the mother of invention.


Can you identify what I'm using as temporary curtains, LOL?

No comments:

Post a Comment