Thursday, March 14, 2019

It’s Them Not Us

Getting ready to head out for my first day in the Pain Cave, I got a text message from Apache that the new Community Manager had resigned and the job opening was once again posted to Corporate’s website.
That’s five Community Managers who were either fired or quit in my six years of living here.
It’s a revolving door.
Thing is .... this latest Community Manager never even made it to the property.
We’d heard someone had been hired, was going through Corporate orientation, and we’d be seeing her (or him, we don’t know) soon.
Then, while still in the orientation process, the new hire quit.
She or he evidently didn’t like what Corporate was putting down and walked away from the position.
Smart.
At any rate, you’d think Corporate would wise up and make whatever adjustments are necessary to get and keep a good hire.
As for the Pain Cave, I survived the first workout without throwing up or crying. So, it was a difficult session as the trainer assessed where I am in stamina and strength, but nowhere near as bad as I was expecting.
I have a feeling it might one day get as bad as I was expecting, because his plan is to start where we landed in this session and push me to more.
He’s already given me homework for the days when I’m not training with him, leaving just one day away from physical activity ─ Sunday.
Looks like I’m not going to have a lot of time left over to keep up with the folks.

3 comments:

  1. My new apartment is in a 55+ complex. During my first walk-through I thought it was full of old farts. When I got home and looked in the mirror I said, "I guess those folks aren't as old as I thought". I guess it's a good sign to forget you are as old as you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I find myself frequently referring to the residents here a "The Old Folks/The Old People" forgetting that, in many cases, I'm older than them. Congrats on your new apartment. Hope you find yourself happy there.

      Delete
  2. You're a braver soul than I am to attempt any kind of physical workout called "The Pain Cave," LOL! I used to do some yoga too but found getting up and down from the floor too hard. For the past 10 months, i've been doing tai chi like a fiend and really enjoying it. It's essentially just yoga-standing-up, as far as I'm concerned!

    ReplyDelete