Tuesday, March 12, 2019

The Pain Cave

Looks like I’ve had an amazing recovery from the time change blues, because I had no problem falling asleep last night and was up and at it early this morning.
After today's Saint Patrick’s Day Potluck, which was well attended, I took care of a bit of business that had been rummaging around in my brain ever since I saw a sign down the street, a few days ago, that so peaked my interest that I’d parked, gone into the business to investigate.


The yoga girl wasn’t available to speak with me, but I later looked on her Instagram and decided, though I can still do SOME yoga, my body is no longer flexible enough to do her kind of yoga. However, while speaking with the guy explaining the yoga schedule, I learned of other fitness options, including personal training.
Getting toned, tightened and strong is something I’d been thinking about, looking into and wanting for a long time.
Back in August, while out of the area hunting Pokémon, I’d spotted another sign and popped in.


Did not get a good feel for the location, the facility, the training methods or the trainers ─ not to mention the drive was out of my way, so I passed and kept intermittently considering other places.
The place down the street just popped up out of nowhere (in business since August they tell me), and "down the street" is just two blocks from the complex. I can walk there and back.
The guy/trainer I was initially speaking with seemed knowledgeable and had a really good feel about him, but I started hyperventilating when the subject of how much it was going to cost came up. Consequently, I'd left saying I'd think about all he'd told me. Plus, I checked Yelp (excellent reviews) and his Instagram (where I saw videos of his successful transformations).
After thinking about it and thinking about it and factoring in the cost, I decided, from prior research, the cost is comparable and getting off the couch, motivated once again, in shape and active, is worth the price.
I went in for yoga, came out with a personal trainer who calls his training room “The Pain Cave”.
He set me up for Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays beginning this Thursday, whereupon I said, “I’m scared”.
His response ─ “Don’t be. I don’t kill anyone right away. I bring them up slow”.
I just hope I don’t cry.

4 comments:

  1. Don't be. You will be fine. I'm awfully proud of you. I'm back in the water again, and feel much better for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. Not my kind of thing at all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the pain cave might be referring to the cookie I posted a few days back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you. I have been keeping my eye out for an affordable exercise-type class. I know I'll find it eventually. We gotta moving if we want to keep moving.

    ReplyDelete