Friday, April 5, 2019

Benchmark

Science tells us that it takes 21 days to form a new habit, build a new behavior into your life.
This past Wednesday was the 21st day of switching my daily priority from sitting to being active ─ walking, indoor biking, working out in the Pain Cave with a personal trainer, so that benchmark achieved. Though I can’t say I’m loving this new routine, I am feeling less resentful, than I was when I began this new routine, that life won’t let me remain stroke free, healthy and energetic in old age without considerable effort on my part.
So now a habit? Perhaps.
I still manage to put in daily late afternoon hours into the cross-stitch project I began in May 2018.

Progress: December 2018 - January 2019

Progress: January - April

The characters all filled in now, not so many needle color changes, filling in the edges should go pretty fast ─ moving the original estimated completion date up from 2020 to July or August this year.
I already have a pattern for my next project.
With not much time for reading, I’m still working on finishing Cliff Sims’ Team of Vipers and already have Vicky Ward’s Kushners’ Inc. waiting in the wings as my next read.


Activity Director is planning an Easter Potluck for the seniors on Tuesday the 16th
I’m out because that is one of my Pain Cave session days. However, I think I can manage to get back in time to snap a few photos for the residents’ facebook page towards the end of the event. I also thought I’d not be able to attend the Egg Coloring event. Fortunately, however, it’s been scheduled for a Saturday this year, rather than during the week, because some residents want to include their grandkids and great grands.
I’m already mentally working on new designs I’d like to try on wooden eggs. My creations from previous years are on display in the bookcase and yes, all my eggs are in one basket, so to speak.


I see on the activity calendar that movie night has been cancelled.
Interesting.
That may be because my buddy Apache, who spearheads the event, is in trouble.
He can no longer keep me apprised of the goings on through Facebook or Messenger or Email because someone hacked him and has been posing as him trying to hack me. I don’t know if it’s a troll or one of his girlfriends feeling insecure, misreading my strictly a friendship with Apache, but whatever and whoever, as attempts were made, I blocked off all avenues and told Apache he’d have to catch me out and about when he could. 
Catch me he did, a few days ago, saying Corporate is trying to evict him for “harassment of management.
It’s not like any fool, including Apache himself, couldn’t see this coming as an eventual consequence of his years and years and years long feud with Corporate, various Community Managers, the Assistant Manager and Maintenance Guys, but Apache just couldn’t stop himself from trying to regulate what others should do. He has anger and control issues. Not to mention he enjoys conflict, says it’s the warrior spirit within him.
However, now that there’s been official notification that he has one more time to “harass” management, after which eviction proceedings will be initiated, he looks a little worried and is trying to maintain a low profile.
I don’t think he can maintain a low-profile for very long. It’s just not in his nature.
On the other hand, if he can back off for 21 days, it might become a habit. He can then find himself a new hobby and dig himself out of this hole.

3 comments:

  1. Tell Apache that even though most of the time the squeaky wheel gets the grease, sometimes it gets removed and replaced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, what a miserable hole he has dug for himself. Love those eggs too.

    ReplyDelete