Thursday, April 11, 2019

Keeping Up with the Seniors

Returning from today’s workout in the Pain Cave, I headed for the mailbox, detouring through the Community Room where I found the seniors gearing up for bingo.
That’s their favorite activity around here ─ that and potlucks.
Seeing my buddy Apache in the room, I asked, “You still here … you behaving yourself?”
If you will recall, he was told to cease and desist harassing management at the risk of being evicted.
He laughingly said he was “somewhat” behaving himself, but mostly just hiding because the maintenance guys had been following him, keeping an eye on who he talks to, in an effort to catch him stirring up trouble, and a bigwig from Corporate was on the property, had been for two days ─ which indicated to him that something was up, so he’d been hiding because he didn’t want to risk being seen.
So much intrigue.
The saga continues.
I’ll probably get an ear full on Saturday when I attend the egg coloring party.
Leaving the Community Room, continuing on to the mailbox, I passed the Maintenance Office, glanced over and saw something weird on the desk.


Do you see it?
I'll give you a hint ……………..









Yep, that's Chewbacca. Maybe it’s a disguise for when the guys are out spying on Apache. ROFLMAO!
Walking from the mailbox to my unit. I came across another interesting sight.


Two birds (love birds?) chillin and relaxing on the railing.
I began walking softly so as not to frighten them as I photographed and got up pretty close before they spotted me, then really close as they determined I might be a danger, turned and flew away.



Last thing I observed was when I turned at my walkway and saw, at end of the walkway, in the parking area, a resident’s car appeared to be leaning.
Curious, thinking it might be a flat tire, I walked closer and saw no, not a flat tire. The resident had parked with the left rear tire up against and on the curb.


Did he or she not feel something was amiss when they rolled up on the curb? How about when they exited the vehicle?
Oh well, senior drivers – the ones who cause the rest of us to have to take a driving test after a certain age.

3 comments:

  1. Yup, that's what that one is.
    I do enjoy your walk-abouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh driving is such a privilege that I sure hope I can continue for many years. A star-wars maintenance guy? I enjoyed your tin foil hat entry over at "She Who Seeks".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree .. driving is a privilege and I also hope to continue BUT I don't think it's fair that if we maintain a good driving record, we have to take a driving test after reaching a certain age. And thanks for enjoying my tin foil entry. I'm amazed at what some of the others carried off. Thumbs up on your Few Clowns Short site. I've often read your posts, but never left a comment. I think that makes me a lurker :-)

      Delete