Monday, August 13, 2018

Tales of the Tape

Though I am not a political person, and certainly not a fan of complicit former presidential adviser Omarosa Manigault Newman, I admit to listening Sunday as a news source released Omarosa’s tape of her being fired in the Situation Room by General Kelly.
What surprises me is reaction is not that General Kelly threatened her, and subsequently lies were spread about her throwing a hissy fit when told to leave -- which clearly from the tape showing she was calm, rational, not rampaging through the White House, was not the truth that instead the focus is outrage that she made the recordings, "violated rules".
"Who in their right mind thinks it's appropriate to secretly record the White House chief of staff in the Situation Room?" tweeted Ronna McDaniel, chairwoman of the Republican National Committee.
Well Ronna, someone smart, who knows how to protect herself because, as Omarosa said on Sunday that but for the tape no one would believe her version of being fired and she’s correct.
So why is the focus on her recording rather than her being correct.
And as to the question “Who in their right mind thinks it’s appropriately to secretly record”, taking this situation out of the realm of politics, looking at it purely as a Working While Black thing, I have to say from my own experience(s), you’d damn well better keep documents, notes, recordings to protect yourself ... to be able to prove your case for unlawful termination should it come to that. Fortunately, I was able to survive more hostile work situations than I care to remember, but you can be sure I had notes and document galore (plus that password protected blog where I documented the daily forms of harassment), as I didn't have access to recording instruments back then.
So having gotten the answer to Ronna McDaniel’s question of “who in their right mind” off my chest, I’m done. I do, however, plan on reading the book. I’m not expecting to learn anything we don’t already know about the Orange Traitor, but I pre-ordered the book over a week ago.
Speaking of books ... magazines actually, that July/August issue of Women’s Health with Walking Dead Michonne on the cover was either sold out everywhere I went -- five different stores, and in some places, the September issue was already on the shelf.
At any rate, looking to purchase a single issue from the publisher, I found one for sale ... on EBay already.
On tap for today? I’m going to try to recreate a Kale and Bacon pizza I saw on Food Network over the weekend. Only, so as not to make myself ill, I’ll have to make the crust of almond flour/flaxseed meal and use uncured bacon.

3 comments:

  1. " you’d damn well better keep documents, notes, recordings to protect yourself "

    Amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Washington DC has a "one-party consent" law, which means that only one person has to agree to the taping. Doesn't matter WHO you're taping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They should have that recipe for you on their web site.
    I'm just amazed by all of the current batch of politics.

    ReplyDelete