Saturday, August 11, 2018

In Small Doses

Today is this month’s PokémonGo Community Days and, for the first time, it’s a two-day event, spilling over into tomorrow. Also, for the very first time, I find I really don’t care.
The game just isn’t as fun for me since “Friends” and “Gifts” have been added because they bring with it pressure and an expense.
Pressure because, in addition to The Archeologist and the son of a former coworker having requested and been accepted as game friends, the son and daughter of The Archeologist asked to be included.
That’s four people I have to provide return gifts to on almost a daily basis.
Of course, I could have declined the friend requests, but who says no to a child.
In addition to the pressure of having to get out and find PokéStops with gifts, I have to keep increasing my game backpack at $4.99, pretty near monthly, to hold all the game stuff I’m gifted in return.
It was fine when I was working solo, didn’t have to deal with anyone but myself, but enjoyed running into other players I knew when I was out and about. 
I like people, people like me but, as you can probably tell from how infrequently it is I connect with people, I can only handle dealing with them in the occasional small dose.
So now that four players are connected to my game, send me gifts every day, requiring I return the favor, it’s just beginning to get too much for me, not so much fun anymore.
However annoying as the game is now becoming, I’m not ready to quit and delete the app, so I grudgingly pulled myself together and got out around noon in search of PokéStops with gifts.
Thank goodness it was only 87˚ with a breeze outside as I drove to the Civic Center area, where there are like 50 PokéStops. I walked around and hit about twenty, got lots of balls – which I don’t need, but only one gift.
What a gyp that area was.
Headed home, I managed to pick up three more gifts by stopping by the Military Museum, a Church and Starbucks.
This is so not fun, plus I had to upgrade my bag to hold all the balls I got from those 20 or so PokéStops for another $4.99.
Tomorrow I’m off to the braids beautician (locktician), and can maybe find more gifts in that area. Otherwise, I may have to not opt completely out of the game, but resort to only opening the app once a week -- If I don't open the app, the gifts sent to me from all four remain in limbo and they are blocked from sending additional gifts. So, only opening once means I only have to reciprocate once a week -- four gifts total, instead of four per day.
My spirit animal Michonne, also known as Danai Gurira, is on the cover of this month’s issue of Women’s Health. 



It’s not a magazine I subscribe to, but I’m going to have to get this issue while I’m out and about tomorrow, to add to other special issue magazines I've held onto. I use to have that 1972  issue of Cosmopolitan that had a nude Burt Reynolds on a bear skin rug, but I tossed it during a move. Why? I don't know, but I regret it because might be worth some dollars now. I don't expect Michonne's cover will increase in cost, but I do want to find out how to get those arms.
Word on the street is Walking Dead is going to kill Rick off this next season. What’s Michonne going to do with both Carl and Rick dead?

No comments:

Post a Comment