Sunday, August 5, 2018

Out of the Woodwork

So, it didn’t take long for the anonymous commenters to crawl out of the woodwork and waste my time with nonsense, necessitating my once again having to close the door.
A pox and a smite on them all!
And while we're on the subject of woodwork … my route returning from picking up packages at the Amazon Locker takes me through a neighborhood where, many moons ago, I observed a homeowner redoing his yard, including chopping down a huge tree.
Every time I travelled through that area, I made a point of noticing the owner’s landscaping progress and saw, once the tree was down, he’d had the logs split into stumps and piled up off to the side.
Next, I noticed the stumps were being placed around his property as a sort of decorative gate, which I thought was a great idea -- repurpose the yield from the tree, give it a new life.
But now that the landscape project is completed, I don’t know.


I think the idea was right on, but the execution appears to have failed.


This idea of curb appeal makes me now cringe every time I drive through the area.

1 comment: