Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Angry Black Women

Received notice the book I’d preordered (Unhinged by Omarosa Manigault Newman) has been delivered to the designated Locker, so I’m off tomorrow to pick it up, and hunt for more PokémonGo gifts while in the area.
It’s probably going to take me like forever to read the book because, my obsessions being needlepoint and meditation, I don’t have a lot of time for reading.
I did just finish an interesting new release by Zora Neal Hurston, who’s been deceased since 1960.



It took all this time for her estate to decide the time was right to release her written interaction with the last survivor of the last known ship ever to bring slaves from Africa to the U.S. And it took me all this time – from May 28 to last week to read the less than 200 pages, which included reading the Afterword and Additional Materials, Acknowledgments, Glossary and Notes because it was all so interesting – from a historical standpoint.
Omarosa’s book looks to have three times as many pages.
Checking the news this morning, I about busted a gut when I saw where so many denied the existence of tapes wherein the Orange Traitor had used the N-word and further denied conversations with Omarosa as to how to “spin” his having done so, only to have CBS This Morning release a tape, provided by Omarosa, wherein conversations were being held as to how to “spin” his having done so.
HILARIOUS!
Even Sarah Sanders is backtracking, now saying she "can’t guarantee" the Orange Traitor doesn’t say the N-word on any recordings.
When are these idiots going to understand not to challenge Omarosa? If she says she has tapes to back up her assertions, believe her and don’t continue to embarrass yourself by saying she’s making stuff up, which only propels her to release a tape as proof.
Looking at how well Omarosa has documented her assertions, I have to admit that I’m beginning to admire her preparation, courage and strength as this can’t be easy for her .... or safe.
Omarosa isn’t the only angry Black woman I’m aware of at the moment.  I think I’m in trouble.
I popped in this Pizza Tuesday morning to check in with the folks. Activity Director wasn’t scheduled to make an appearance, so the Woman Who Wants Braids (WWWB) and another woman headed out to see if the pizza place would release the pizzas to them.
WWWB asked me to keep an eye on her walker.
I said sure.
There is a storage area under the seats of those walkers, where folks keep what they need while out and about – much like a purse.
Ready to head back to my unit before WWWB returned, I completely forgot about her walker. It was like an hour later that I had an on-snap the walker moment.
Things go missing here. Not everyone is honest. My buddy Apache’s iPhone and gate pass recently went missing after he put them down and briefly walked away.
At any rate, WWWB is probably so angry right now that I’m scared to call, apologize, tell her I forgot. I can either just wait until I see her again, give her a hug, apologize and hope nothing has gone missing or avoid her long enough to give her time to forget the incident ever happened.
I’m leaning toward giving her time to forget.
Speaking of pizzas, that cheeseless bacon and kale pizza turned out pretty good.



The crust, made with almond flour and flaxseed meal, rather than regular pizza dough, wasn’t as flavorful as a flour-based crust, but it was rather tasty and the slices held up much like a regular pizza. There was enough for lunch yesterday, dinner last night, breakfast this morning (with an egg on it) and dinner tonight.

4 comments:

  1. If Omarosa lets tRump hire her again you need to go smack her upside her head with a 2x4.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I despise the reality person Omarosa with every fiber of my being. But if she can take down the equally offensive realty personality that is in the white house I'm all for it. But I will never fork over money to her to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you and up until now I too didn't care for Omarosa. But because of the havoc she's creating in the White House I'm giving her my support. I guess it takes one evil to successfully fight another form of evil.

      Delete