Monday, August 20, 2018

Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday

After a fitful sleep, caused by weird dreams – one of which was so disturbing that it snapped me awake at 2 a.m., followed by first being unwilling to fall back asleep and see that again, then unable to fall back asleep when I was once again clear, I finally did evidently sleep because I found myself waking up at 9:00 a.m. thinking I had only two hours to prepare for Pizza Tuesday, to be followed by the End of Summer Luau.
So, quickly jumping in the shower so I could wash my hair, I began to think, because of a night of sleepus interruptus -- third night in a row actually, that I really wasn’t up to rushing around to do all I had to do to prepare – breakfast, makeup, fresh manicure, and would skip Pizza Tuesday all together and just drop into the afternoon Luau, take a few photos for the facebook page, then head back to my unit.
A short while later, I began to think …. WAIT! Is this Tuesday or Monday? What did I see on TV last night? Realizing it was Big Brother and Preacher, both of which are on my schedule for Sunday night, I breathed a sigh of relief that today is Monday, not Tuesday.
Later still, trying to figure out why I’ve had three nights of exhausting dreams, I realized that instead of meditating just before bed or reading something enlightening, I’d been reading Omarosa’s book … Unhinged.
Even more telling is the fact the part of the dream I found so awful that it woke me up had to do with one of the Orange Traitor’s sons going off his nut and first stalking a woman then doing something to her too terrible to mention, except there was screaming.
Putting aside the politics, the book is well-written and interesting, quickly reaching the hard to put down level, even though I’ve not yet gotten to anything disturbing or new – except I never knew Omarosa had a pageant and beauty queen background.
It would have been nice to see photos in the book covering that period of her life. But not only are there none of those, there aren't any photos at all, which one would expect in a biography, which is more like what this book is -- thankfully more about her rather than him … thus far.
At any rate, now making the correlation of three nights of disturbing dreams to three nights of reading Unhinged, needing a good night’s sleep tonight so I can be ready for tomorrow’s events, I’m going to have to go back to my regular schedule of meditating or reading something enlightening tonight.
I’ll be sacrificing some of my daytime needlepoint time to reading Unhinged, starting today, right after breakfast which, inasmuch as I got a late start and it's now after 11:00, appears breakfast will be more like brunch.

1 comment:

  1. Breakfast, brunch, lunch, snack time, dinner, supper, late night snack. They are all one continuous event when you are retired.

    ReplyDelete