Saturday, April 7, 2018

Walking It Off

Another 2.19 miles shaved off the King Arthur Challenge, as I use meditation and exercise to burn off my upset, only instead of cycling today, I did a walkabout at the University Campus -- which accounts for fewer miles than logged in yesterday. Fewer miles, yes, but walking burned off three times as many calories than cycling, so it was worth it.
While on campus, I was also able to gather Poké Balls and complete Field Research, which is a new element added to Pokémon GO just this last week.
The Professor -- a character previously unseen, residing in the background as the person us trainers transferred Pokémon to in trade for candies necessary to evolve other Pokémon, has been brought to the front of the game.


Handsome, isn’t he?
What you’d call a Silver Fox.
At any rate, the Professor has been assigning Field Research to us players, tasks if you will.


Some tasks are easier than others, like “hatch 3 eggs” is a stretch. I’m going to have to do a whole lot more walking to complete that tasks. 
As for this latest family situation, I usually process my upsets rather quickly and move on, but this latest one is lingering. Family wonders why I’m so detached from them. Why I’ve opted to live the remainder of life as an outsider.
If they really want to know the answer to that, all they have to do is look in the mirror.
With meditation and exercise, the current upset is lessening and, as clarity is coming into focus, the facts are they are entitled to their resentments. Doesn’t mean their resentments are valid because, if they would stop looking out at what they perceive to be my parenting failures, and instead looked at how they were as children and young adults, and even now, they’d see they were all bloody awful at one time or another.  (Remember how daughter yelled at me on her wedding day, in front of others and I, hurt to the core, but not wanting to ruin her wedding sucked it up, then cried all the way home after? And remember how mean granddaughter was when I relocated to keep her from being homeless? She never blamed her mom for abandoning her, but took it out on me and her mom, instead of supporting me for stepping in to do her job for her, instead began sending me nasty emails about how I was so-called mistreating her daughter. In actuality, it was the other way around).  So, if my words, when I called it as I saw it, have stung ... then good. They were words that needed to be said. Too bad they didn’t “hear” correctly and wake up. So sorry, not sorry.
They have their resentments; I have my disappointments, so let’s just call it a wash and, once we’re done with this next contact – The Donut Run, let’s just go further our separate ways.

2 comments: