Tuesday, April 10, 2018

Skullduggery

It’s not even Summer yet, and it’s been so hot that I find myself running the A/C most of the day and into the night. 
With this kind of weather, it was sure to happen. Yep, we had an earthquake. It was just a 3.0, a little before 6:30 this morning, centered near Rialto, but it felt a lot stronger.
Apache said it knocked him out of bed. LOL.
He must have a small bed.
I’m told there was a 3.4 quake earlier, centered near Devore.
I didn’t feel that one. I must have been asleep.
Hot weather, earthquakes … it’s not looking good for an easy breezy Spring season.
Looks like it’s about to get worse for some, more so than others because, heading out the door to check out Pizza Tuesday in the Community Room, I saw a notice posted to the front door that we’re scheduled for re-inspection on May 1 (May Day), because our score was too high on the super bowl of government inspections we had in March. That “When a score increases by ‘too’ much, the agency comes out to do a quality assurance inspection to ensure the inspector was accurate in their (sic) findings”.
Translation: The government suspects Hanky Panky … Funny Business … Dishonesty … Deception … Trickery … Skullduggery.
I expect it will be all hands-on deck again, to make sure everything is still in tip top shape, and that Corporate Boss Lady will be hovering. I also expect that although units are inspected at random, a lot more units will be inspected than previously which, chances are, it’s more likely they’ll be trudging through here this time around.
Inasmuch as the building damaged by the U-Haul in October of last year, temporarily boarded up to protect the area from further damage when the Santa Ana Winds rolled through here months later, was still boarded up when the inspector came through in March, I was very surprised it didn’t impact the property passing that inspection. But pass it did because Community Manager said she’d told the inspector the lengthy hold-up had been due to the County Building Department having to approve this, that, the other, but that a contractor had been contacted and repairs were in process.
 
October 2017
 
October 2017
 
December 2017 - Now

As of today, the area looks just as it did in December, which is just as it did when the inspector came through, so I don’t think the new inspector is going to buy that “repairs are in process”.
Somebody’s going to be in a heap of trouble.
The Seer’s vision of dominos falling is getting closer and closer to becoming a reality.
And speaking of The Seer – though I did not see her and her Shadow together for days, together they still are. Both were in the Game Room this morning – he at the pool table, she on the computer, and he was a lot more smiley than when I last saw and greeted him.
Maybe he just feels uncomfortable with me when she’s not around.
Can't say that I blame him, because the way some of the women around here are so aggressively chasing him -- even though he’s taken, and the way they come on to other males is such that, if I wasn’t seeing it with my own eyes, I wouldn’t believe it.
But trust me. The Shadow needn’t worry about anything on my mind other than a neighborly greeting.
Tomorrow, I’m off to Sprouts, not the Community Breakfast.
When I walked into the Community Room, a resident asked, “Are you coming to tomorrow’s breakfast?”
“If _____ (The Baker) is in, then I’m in”.
“She’s coming. She’s making biscuits and gravy with sausage”.
“Okay. I’m in”, said I. Fortunately, however, I didn’t fully commit by adding my name to the sign-up sheet because, when I caught up with The Seer in the Game Room, she said The Baker wasn’t feeling well. That her daughter was picking her up, taking her to the doctor. Consequently, she would not be cooking for tomorrow's event.
Later, as I was heading for my unit, I ran into The Baker herself.
“I hear you’re not feeling well". She didn't look good, and we chatted for a bit about her having problems with sudden drops in blood pressure, dizzy spells. Then I said something about our not coming to tomorrow's breakfast event.
“What breakfast? I don’t know anything about a breakfast”.

1 comment:

  1. You did mention that the previous inspection was done by an overweight man who seemed to have trouble walking around the complex, much less climbing all the stairs. Wonder if he will be back or did he get sanctioned for his poor results? It will be interesting to hear what comes from the second inspection. I'll stay tuned.

    ReplyDelete