Thursday, April 12, 2018

Eye of the Storm

After learning the church ladies are still in conflict mode, and that some of the conflict has spilled over to inside their church, I began to mentally try to logic out the why of it.
It occurs to me the problem is these ladies have nothing to do. I don’t mean by the way of events, activities, but nothing to do with their life, no interests.
They don’t craft, don’t exercise – not even walk around the complex, don’t read, don’t write, don’t blog, wouldn't be caught dead wearing a costume in a themed event or playing PokemonGo. They just sit and stew, sit and watch.
Actually, that’s not 100% correct about not reading.
They read the Bible -- religiously and, as I previously pointed out, they appear to talk the talk, but not walk the walk.
The ladies are bored, and not comfortable with time on their hands and being alone, instead of taking advantage of this stage of life to be introspective, find out who they really are, why they’re here, what they should be doing, they instead seek to fill the empty hours with looking out, finding fault and, desperate for male company as a further distraction from introspection, get jealous, competitive, unwisely talk about others to people who don’t share their mindset, or who themselves enjoy mixing it up, and what they’ve said gets around and creates even more conflict.
One of the church ladies expressed to me that she’s so unhappy, depressed, that she’s thinking of moving.
That to me spells running away from the conflict (she calls it “atmosphere of evil”) she had a hand in creating, rather than facing her role and handling it.
I seriously doubt she’ll move. In fact, I think she was just trying to manipulate me by way of pity, sympathy.
One of the most awakening moments I had in life, before I came to know that we create our own reality, was when someone told me, “If you’re looking for sympathy, you’ll find it in the dictionary between sh*t and syphilis, and it’ll do you about just as much good”.
Harsh it was, but so illuminating, helpful.
Having worked through my own stuff in life, able to now see where the church lady is coming from, I didn’t bite. Not even when she tried to further manipulate me into getting involved in her life when she said her daughter couldn’t come and take her to get her groceries any longer.
She expected me to say I’d drive her to the grocery store. However, it’s not like the neighbor I did take back/forth to the grocery store, who was having problems with her legs and couldn’t walk. This woman is perfectly able to push her cart the less than quarter mile to the corner grocery store.
This particular church lady is the one with the fabulous wardrobe – diamonds, pearls, furs, Nordstrom high-end dresses. I'm assuming her thing is she's accustomed to being spoiled, taken care of, being driven rather than having to walk.
At any rate, she didn’t openly ask me to take over for her daughter in being her shuttle service, just threw it out there, expecting me to volunteer.
I didn’t, and by the way, for the record -- She's younger than I. So good luck in looking to ME as a daughter.
As for her wanting to move because of the “evil atmosphere”, I just pointed out that yes, there is some darkness around here, there's darkness everywhere, but light is the cure for darkness. That my belief is the Universe puts certain people in certain places for just such a purpose, to bring light to dark places. But that it takes humility and willingness.
She didn’t seem to get it, didn’t even seem to “hear” it – because she wants what she wants. So, not getting what she expected out of me, she’ll probably move on and try to find someone whose stupid enough to buy into what she’s trying to sell.
The phrase about “eye of the storm” and how it relates to me occurred this morning when, after heading down to the office to put in a Maintenance request, I ran into Apache. He’s still going at it with Corporate Boss Lady. Showed me copies of a stack of papers he mailed to her relative to why she is wrong in allowing the pit bull to remain on the property.
Apache refuses to fold, to let it go.
Corporate Boss Lady in turn, learning that Apache has a master key and has been locking up the Laundry Room, told him, “You don’t work here”, and had Head Maintenance Guy take the key back in retaliation.
With no one now locking up at 10:00, the do laundry at 3:30 A.M. resident is likely to return to disturbing downstairs neighbor.
Then I ran into The Seer, who tells me, the woman who walks the pit bull was so unwise as to express racist views, about her and her shadow, to a resident who is not of the same mind.
That’s so stupid.
Know your audience I say.
So, of course, what the dog walker said (and I don’t know the details, but will eventually be told) is getting around.
With all this drama swirling around me, nothing actually touching me but giving me plenty to blog about, I’m seeing my position as being in the eye of the storm, which I've heard is the safest place to be.
No wonder we’re having all these earthquakes … something is about to explode.

2 comments:

  1. The church lady should ask someone at her church to take her grocery shopping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THAT is an excellent suggestion. If it comes up again, I'll mention it. I expect she won't consider it, but it will be interesting to see how she reacts.

      Delete