Monday, April 9, 2018

Happy Monday

It was touch and go as to how happy my Monday was going to be.
Today started off well. I worked through the desire to be lazy, jumped on the indoor bike and logged in another six miles for the King Arthur Challenge – 9.9 miles to go.
After cool-down and yoga stretches, I settled in to work on the new needlepoint project as I watched television, then CLICK! There was a power outage.
Off went the television, off went the air conditioner and, from the kitchen, I heard a sound signaling the microwave had just died.
The a/c restarted in a matter of seconds. The microwave was signaling I could reset the clock. But the television didn’t come back. The receiver had been knocked out.
So, I go through the usual steps of disconnecting plugs, waiting a few minutes, reconnecting.
Nothing.
I logged onto the cable company’s website, utilize their remote services, hear clicking noises coming from the direction of the television/receiver, but still … the TV screen was black, there were no lights on the receiver.
Deciding I needed to walk away from it all, I took out the trash, picked up mail, visited the scale in the Game Room, headed to the Community Room to see if anything new was posted on the board.
There was.
The Residents Volunteer Activity Committee (the committee disbanded by the Community Manager, a month or so before Corporate gave her a 30-day suspension for what we do not know) has organized another community breakfast for this coming Wednesday.
So much for being disbanded. ROFLMAO!
Don’t know if I’ll bother attending. All depends on whether The Baker is making her famous biscuits and gravy.
Not that I can eat biscuits and gravy without having a serious gut episode, but because the breakfast events are so much more fun when she cooks. More residents come, more get involved. So, if she’s in, then I’m in, bringing with me a Starbucks Traveler.
Once back at my unit, I open the door and gasped …. because the receiver's lights were on.
Hoping that meant the television was back to normal, I grabbed the remote, pushed the on button and …. IT WAS A GO!
What a relief.
So far so good with the remainder of this day.
Tomorrow is Pizza Tuesday. I hadn’t planned to go down for my usual people watching and intel gathering, but the Community Room on Pizza Tuesday is where I can connect with and find out if The Baker is cooking Wednesday. Plus, my inquiring mind wants to know what’s up with The Shadow and The Seer.
Is he still shadowing her … sticking to her like glue, I'm not sure because, from my perch on the couch, I saw him pass through my quad several times last few days, and The Seer wasn’t with him.
I thought perhaps she was ill because I haven't seen her at all for days. I know she has a serious negative reaction when exposed to cigarette smoke, generally wears a little mask to protect herself. However, I’ve not seen her wearing her mask since connecting with The Shadow (vanity probably) and The Shadow smokes. Not in her presence, I’m sure, because smoking on the premises is a lease violation. However, smokers generally carry the smell of cigarettes with them. It’s on their clothes, seeps through their pores, and when you're  as sensitive to the smell of cigarettes as The Seer, that can't be boding too well with so much close contact between she and he.
Usually seeing them walk through my quad together on a daily basis, it was Tuesday of last week when I last saw them together, both in the Game Room – she on the computer, he playing pool. Everything seemed to be honkey dory at the time. In fact, when she asked him to do something, he’d responded, “Yes, my Queen”.
This isn't his first time at the rodeo (interracial dating). Someone taught him well, thought I.
For the record, I myself, prefer the country/western "Okay, darlin".
I passed The Shadow this morning, when I was dropping off the trash. He didn’t look very happy and was flat in his response when I greeted him, so to the Community Room I’ll go tomorrow to see if he’s still shadowing her and looks happier than he did this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment