Monday, April 30, 2018

May Day Approaches

Tomorrow’s the big day – the day when Community Manager returns to duty and the day when the government returns to re-inspect the complex.
With no one to dump all his work on, since former Assistant Maintenance Guy (AMG) quit, and new AMG still learning the ropes, Head Maintenance Guy (HMG) has been moving his behind. Maintenance requests are being handled in record time, and with a smile. In fact, whereas before when residents would see him out and about and mention this that the other needed attending to, HMG would blow ‘em off and tell them to put in a formal request with the office. Now I’m being told, he runs right into the resident’s unit and fixes what needs handling.
I don’t imagine this new and improved attitude will continue after the re-inspection.
Everything else appears in tip-top condition, which isn’t unusual because this property has always been well maintained, at least on a surface level. I can’t say what’s going on in individual units, though I’ve heard some horror stories, but I don’t see how the government can hold management responsible for how some individuals choose to live.
It seems like the landscaping has been unnecessarily worked by the landscapers – at least twice a week, maybe even more as I’m always hearing mowers and buzzing sounds. 
It’s been very noisy.
Interfering with hearing the television noisy.
In fact, I was hearing a buzzing sound while typing this post. When the noise sounded as though directly under my window, I took a break, looked out the window, and saw it was a landscaper using some sort of saw to shape the hedges.


Actually, the sound of two buzz saws going at the same time, because there were two landscapers.
Gone are the days of clippers I guess.
I guess rakes are a day of the past as well because, three-hours later, there was the loud sound of a blower cleaning up after the buzz saws.


So much ado about things I seriously doubt the inspectors will be looking at.
The hedges now look much like they always look, pretty flowers blooming everywhere like they always do, but I have to admit, all the sharp edging around the lawn is impressive.
I assume the landscapers will return to their usual schedule of once-a-week noises after the re-inspection.
Nothing much going on in my unit, except, my intuition still working overtime, causing me to sit quietly more often, listening to my thoughts – meditating, rather than working on the latest needlepoint project.
Being in a quiet listening meditative mode is probably why all these hours and hours and hours of landscaping noise is kinda of a bother right now.
At any rate, not much progress has been made on needlepoint this month.

April Progress
Even less progress is expected, next few weeks, as I’ve decided to switch gears and get caught up on scrapbooking.

Oops, guess I was wrong about rakes, because I just heard one, took a look out the window and whad’ya know ….


2 comments:

  1. My leaf blower is broken. I need to decide to fix it or buy a new one. Using a broom is getting old.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Using a broom is a lot quieter than a leaf blower plus it's good exercise. I vote for the broom.

      Delete