Friday, May 6, 2016

Never a Dull Moment




It's lights out on that green cross across the street.

The business is closed, shut down, boarded up, as is the dispensary I pass on my way to Starbucks.




Both were raided yesterday -- the one across the street just moments after I took that photo of folks lined up outside.


Having returned to my unit for termite watch, I missed the whole thing; but a lot of the residents watched it go down from the Community Room.

The raid even made the newspaper … “Police and sheriff’s investigators served a warrant Thursday morning as part of an ongoing investigation involving an illegal marijuana dispensary ... several people were detained and transported to jail ... arrested on a variety of offenses, including operating a marijuana dispensary, which are illegal in the city.”

I thought it was a legal operation. Nurse Ratched told us at the Residents/Management meeting that, at prompting by residents, she’d checked, the police said it was legal and the business was in compliance.

Another one of her lies?

She probably never talked to the police.

I'm confused as to the legality/illegality, as it seems to me the business owners would not have gone to the expense of fixing up the property, even to adding that neon green sign, if they'd thought it was illegal.

The news article went on to say, “We received a lot of complaints … This has been a long-time investigation.”

No way was it a long-time investigation -- the business just opened up.

As for “a lot of complaints”, that would be our residents. LOL.

“Authorities seized about $7,000 in cash and marijuana, and there was also a marijuana farm inside the dispensary.”

Holy smokes! They were growing the stuff inside. How long did they think they’d get away with the stupidity?

“Several residents of a nearby apartment building cheered as officers and deputies took into custody several of the people inside the dispensary.”

Again ... that would be our residents. ROFLMAO!

“Most of those arrested and taken to county jail were college students.”

That would be the kids from the university down the street. Parents paying for their education aren’t going to be happy.

Also of note, and file this one under God Works in Mysterious Ways, just this morning I asked a relative to check out a senior complex I'm interested in 75 miles away. If it looks good to her and I'm not over the income limit and relocation keeps looking like the direction life is leading me, I'll drive down and view for myself. Now I'm not all that sure relocation is what life is telling me to do. It may be telling me to stay put and make a difference where I am because, reentering the complex after taking today's photo of the business across the street, I was asked by a well-dressed woman if I could let her in the gate.

Sure.

As we walked, she asked, "So how long have you lived here?"

"Four years, but looks like I'll be leaving."

"Why?"

"Well, I like my unit, but I've got a termite situation."

"How long?"

"Since mid-March."

Being a friendly open kind of person, I filled her in, even showed her photos and videos on my phone and spoke to her of Nurse Ratched and Corporate and all the lies and threats to seniors.

Now, keep in mind, I had no idea who this woman was. She could have been related to Nurse Ratched and my arse could now be grass.

My arse may indeed now be grass because, after spilling all the tea, she identified herself as representing an agency dealing with housing for seniors and a mediation board. 

She said, "You look like the kind of person that would have documentation."

"Emails and videos".

She smiled and asked me to report the issue to the Housing and Mediation Board. "Tell them exactly what you've told me."

I did.

I put together a timeline, photos and sent via email.

1 comment:

  1. Good work, Shirley. Yes, God uses us in very mysterious ways.

    ReplyDelete