Friday, April 12, 2024

What a Week!

I’m beginning to think Catalyst’s comment on my last post "Eclipse, Schmeclipse, who cares anyway. It only means the Apocalypse is getting close" is right on, because so much has happened in the world this week.

Last weekend’s rain ………… third weekend in a row we had rain to deal with, plus rain expected this weekend, not to mention the up and down weather during the week of freezing cold one day, 90 degree heat the next, had me not feeling my best as I fought off an ear infection and sore throat.

Along with the up and down weather, there was the Eclipse, sentencing of the Goon Squad Cops that tortured two Black men in Mississippi, news that Paul Flores (purported unaliver of Kirsten Smart) had been knifed in prison for the second time and, lastly, ta ta so long to O.J. Simpson.

That was a lot for one week.

If you’re unfamiliar with the Goon Squad, it consists of six white Mississippi cops (Brett Morris McAlpin, 53; Christian Dedmon, 29; Jeffrey Middleton, 46; Hunter Elward, 31; and Daniel Opdyke, 28 and a former police officer from the city of Richland, Joshua Hartfield, 32).

A white neighbor took exception with mixing of races and reported seeing two Black men (Michael Corey Jenkins and Eddie Terrell Parker) living with a white woman.

Not illegal in this year of 2024 but hey, it’s Mississippi.

At any rate, the cops illegally entered the home, kicked, waterboarded, shouted racial slurs, assaulted Jenkins and Parker with stun guns and a sex toy, then Elward shot Jenkins in the mouth.

Their vicious acts were then covered up by planting drugs and having Jenkins and Parker arrested.

With McAlpin and Middleton threatening to kill the other officers if they spoke up, those false charges stood for months until pressure mounting from a Justice Department civil rights probe caused one of the six to break rank and spill the beans.

This week was the Day of Reconning for the six.

Jeffrey Middleton 46, Daniel Opdyke 28, Hunter Elward 31,
Brett McAlpin 53, Christian Dedmon 29, Joshua Hartfield 32

I’d have liked to have seen the neighbor that set this whole thing in motion charged for something ……… anything, but what I don’t get is why can’t people with this kind of bias hatred just stop?

You want to hurt someone because you don't like the color of their skin, you don't like them mixing with other races, you don't want them in your neighbor, you hate for whatever reason, and you act out on that hate. People are harmed, people are unalived but, inasmuch as 9 out of 10 times you are caught, called out, imprisoned, your own reputation gone, life in tatters, so what purpose did it serve to act out on your hatred?

It just boggles my mind that folks can’t live their own lives, leave others alone.

Also of note this week was the Eclipse (Partial in my neck of the woods).

After reading reports of those who experienced the Total, I’m jealous and wishing I were more the adventurous type as I could travel to Spain to view the projected 2027 Total.

In the meantime …..

My Kinda Eclipse with Guacamole


As for Paul Flores, second time in a row he's been knifed while under protective care, so I don’t think he’s going to survive much longer in prison. He should probably just tell what he did with Kirsten’s body.

Speaking of telling, the least noteworthy event this week, on my scale, was the passing of O.J. Simpson without clearing his conscious and confessing.

No surprise though that he was a liar to the end as he’d lied at reports of his health not being well, saying his health was good just before that was proved a lie by his demise.

He always reminded me of my abusive egomaniac ex. He too could never accept responsibility for his actions.

In fact, when the ex learned he had six-months to live, something in him, possibly conscious, prompted him to call, give me the news.

As if I cared.

But my humanity took over and I offered forgiveness, saying "I hold no ill will for anything".

His reply was to get pompous, arrogant, "I? I did nothing."

Okay, I thought to myself, You tell that to St. Peter at the gate that torturing, abusing women was nothing. Then, after he passed away, I guess reality hit because there were visitations ... many visitations with he begging for forgiveness.

By then, my heart had hardened. All I could think of was his saying "I? I did nothing", so I told him forgiveness had been offered, he'd gotten his usual arrogant self, now it was too late, so F off and go straight to hell. (Yes, I spoke to a dead person).

After a time he did. I'm assuming both the F'ing off and going to Haydes.

One interesting thing I ran across in reading comments about O.J. was that thousands of Ford Broncos (the car made famous by the 1994 slow speed police chase) were recalled the same day he passed away.

Though the recall had nothing to do with his death, but involved possible cracked fuel injectors that could cause a fire, comments were "They both ran out of gas".

Odd that the recall happened the day he passed away and, inasmuch as I don't believe in coincidences your guess as to its cosmic meaning is as good as mine.

16 comments:

  1. I had never heard of that Good Squad case and I am disgusted. I, too, think the neighbor should be tried for something as he set all this in motion.
    As for OJ, I read that at least he can be happy now knowing that Nicole and Ron's killer is dead.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Yes, he should feel safe knowing the killer is not out on the loose and coming for him.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like maybe the Universe is cleaning house! Love those two eclipse memes, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds right ... cleaning house. No. 45 should be worried.

      Delete
  3. Loved your Spanish eclipse. What a hoot about the Bronco recalls; what timing! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Spanish eclipse, which I stole from a facebook friend, is too clever for words. Perhaps Broncos are now cursed.

      Delete
  4. I’m glad justice was served on the Goon Squad, not that it makes a difference to those they hurt (and who knows what else they did in their illustrious careers). I wonder what the ignorant, hateful neighbor is doing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evidently, this is just the tip of the iceberg of what else they did, with their boss the Sheriff's blessing, according to other victims. They just went too far this time and the Justice Department got onto them.

      Delete
  5. Wow, what they did was so wrong. I'm glad they can't hurt anyone else. They didn't get enough prison time if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think they got enough prison time either. What they did was more than wrong ... it was insane.

      Delete
  6. I just read that the Bronco is in a museum somewhere down south....you can't make this stuff up. Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really! That's interesting. I wonder if it's a regular car museum or a museum of infamous items.

      Delete
  7. I cannot understand how people can be so hateful to others especially based on the colour if their skin. It's just insane. Glad the six got caught but what a horrid neighbour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the neighbor is living in fear of reprisal, not by the victims, but by the cops for starting the mess.

      Delete