Friday, April 5, 2024

Old Man Winter

There’s been no opportunities to walk for much needed extra cardio this week, because Old Man Winter is back. I’m beginning to suspect he never left.

It’s been cold. So cold that I may have to bubble wrap the bedroom window again.

It’s also been rainy. So rainy, with some thunder, that I thought I was going to have to swim to this morning’s workout, was tempted to call off the session.

Instead, I dressed warm, booted up, grabbed my umbrella, made it to the Pain Cave and back, but still ended up with sniffles and feeling a sore throat coming on.

BTW, if you thought my foo-foo fancy Scarlett O'Hara umbrella was something, take a look at the one I normally use and often pair up with matching gloves.


This weather gives me the munchies, so I’ll not be surprised if I gain a few pounds by the time this second Winter is over.

In addition to trying various versions of Fried Boiled Eggs, I set out one morning to make Moving with Mitchell’s Goddess Elena’s mother's torrija recipe but ended up making that too much sugar, too many calories Gluten Free Bread Pudding again. There’s also been snacking on popcorn, to which I’ve crushed and added roasted seaweed.

Trust me, it’s delicious.

Having been told adding nori to cooked rice is a flavor bomb, I’ve been meaning to try, but have yet to get around to it.

Looking at this month’s Activity Calendar, I’m seeing a theme — an Employment Class on the 9th… "Hard Skills vs Soft Skills, learn how personality traits and technical skills can be beneficial in the workplace", another on the 16th … Emotional Intelligence at Work, "Emotional intelligence plays an important role not only in well-being but also with success in the workplace", then a replay of Emotional Intelligence at work on the 23rd.

Seriously?

Talk about pitching to the wrong audience.

I’m also seeing another theme with a Practicing Forgiveness class on the 9th and Practicing Kindness on the 16th, both classes right after the employment sessions.

Strange selection of presentations ........ and are the forgiveness and kindness classes meant to address some kind of situation going on that I don't know about?

At any rate, Forgiveness and Kindness should start at the source …… with management. If you want residents to stop moving out, then forgive that $500 increase, take it back and show some kindness by not raising the rent hundreds of dollars ever again.

And that’s the tea.

14 comments:

  1. I wonder when the Lamaze classes will start.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Winter has made a resurgence here again too, but hopefully it's the last hurrah.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's beginning to look like Seasons should be retitled from four to five ...... spring, summer, fall, winter 1, winter 2.

      Delete
  3. I wonder if management is expecting people to get jobs to pay for the rent increase :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually and sadly seems plausible. Maybe us residents should attend the sessions and then ask if we can apply for jobs with Corporate so we can afford to keep up with the increases.

      Delete
  4. Oh my! That umbrella! 😁. Lends truth to the saying that one simply cannot have enough leopard print. Also, it will contrast well with a gray and mizzly skies. Anybody driving through the parking lot should see you and, if they have half a brain, do a double take and exclaim What a remarkable umbrella!

    Will Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with "one simply cannot have enough leopard print". I myself have quite a collection to go with the umbrella.

      Delete
  5. We have a few sunny and warm [in the high 70s and low 80s] days here and then it cools down into the upper 50s for a spell. I cannot get my wardrobe straight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like being outside more in the Winter cold type weather than I do the Summer because the Summer temperatures are so darn hot. 118F is too hot to be outside for long in. I am eating up these cold weather days right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm dreading Summer. It's the flipside of these cold winter days. Equally aggravating.

      Delete