Thursday, April 25, 2024

Hanky Panky?

Preparing to do my nails today. I removed my polish last night, saw that my nails needed smoothing and conditioning by a professional.

After having to give up my long-time pedicurist, because the male owners of the salon kept screwing up my appointments, last time I had professional work done was September of last year when one of Trainer’s female fighters recommended the "older, short, fat one" at a nearby salon and I ended up with Nora at 11:00.

Nora did a great job, it was worth the half hour I had to wait for my 11:00 appointment, but Nora was incredibly expensive ……… $100, plus I tipped $20 which I later calculated should have been $15.

At Nora’s prices, no way was I going to try to get an appointment with her today ……… would not have been able to anyway, as Nora is booked up weeks in advance.

I decided to try a salon over by the University that I knew took walk-ins.

Preparing to head out, I saw what I assumed was Next Door Neighbor’s son entering her unit, followed by a female.

Hmmmmm, what hanky panky is this?, thought I.

My mind went to hanky panky because out of the vault popped the memory of when my ex-husband’s married uncle would sometimes use our apartment during the day, when we were at work, with ex’s permission, for a hookup with his girlfriend.

Returning from the nail salon with a satisfactory shaping and conditioning, but less than satisfactory $60 paint job, plus $10 tip for manicurist, $10 tip for pedicurist, I could smell cigarette smoke coming from NDN’s unit as I walked up the stairs, saw the kitchen blinds were open and what appeared to be cooking going on.

It appears someone is now living in NDN’s unit for the time being.

NDN is not gonna like her unit smelling like cigarettes when she returns.

As for that less than perfect paint job …. when I sat down in the chair the Deluxe 1 was quoted as $38. I must have sat in the chair way longer than I thought because, once the work was done, the price of goods (nail polish) and services (manicurist/pedicurist) increased to $60.

It is what it is, so I didn’t make a big deal of the price increase — that’s not my style. I tipped, headed back to the complex and, on the way, noticed the paint already coming off the tip of the thumb nail and child-like paint job around the bed of the nail.


The manicurist's child-like paint job is repeated in the nail bed of every single nail.

Once upstairs, taking a good look at work done by the pedicurists, it's amateur ville there as well with paint on my skin.


I really don't want to have to pay Nora at 11:00's prices but, next time I need professional work done, I may have to.

20 comments:

  1. The plot thickens about NDN's suite! Too bad about the poor quality mani-pedi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not a complainer, but I would certainly go back to the salon and point out the shoddy work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gotta know when to hold, when to fold. This was a fold and move on type thing.

      Delete
  3. Heads should roll! I could do a better job!


    I think? 🤷🏻‍♀️

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a shame about NDN’s apartment. I wonder how long before that’s noticed -- since management hasn’t even noticed she’s not there. That mani-pedi is infuriating. It’s not as if it were cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For sure not cheap. Just looks that way. Management takes no interest in residents. Generally directs residents to call the police if there's an issue, which is what they would have probably told me to do had I stopped into the office, said I was concerned about NDN and asked for a welfare check.

      Delete
  5. Could you just have the smoothing and conditioning done? In the past you have shown us times when you did a great job with polish yourself. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is absolutely what I should have asked for, a no polish mani/pedi, but who knew their work was bad. Trainer's wife had actually recommended them back when I was looking and chose to go with Nora at 11:00 instead.

      Delete
  6. That is a lousy job on your nails. I can't wait for updates on the NDN story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping to run into whoever is going in/out ... the son and whoever, so I can ask if NDN is in there as well, back from the hospital. Of course, I know she's not but they don't know I don't know.

      Delete
  7. There may be a reason Nora is booked so far out--she's good and the clientele will pay for the excellent work she does. It's all about supply and demand. I have never trusted places where you can just "walk-in" and get personal work done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's amazing is they do a thriving visit. Got really busy with clients that had appointments and a few other walk-ins before I left. Trainer's wife is a client. I don't get it.

      Delete
  8. Would trainer’s wife tell you who she uses so you can ask for them by name? Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I see her on Monday, I'll show her the bad job and ask if she has someone specific to ask for that does better.

      Delete
  9. So can family/ friends/ otherwise just temporarily move into someone's unit? There goes the neighborhood.
    Oof, that nail job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Us residents were asked to provide the office with a list of people we've given keys to enter our unit. I imagine NDN has listed her son, which enables him to come/go but not move in permanently. I didn't think he or whoever the woman was were going to do that, just make themselves comfortable, use the place for a while. Turned out to be a short while, because NDN is back.

      Delete