Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Meanwhile

Life goes on around the complex, and elsewhere in the world, as I kept thinking thinking thinking of the best way to approach the monkey wrench thrown into next month’s visit to Long Beach or ways around it.

What I've decided is to skip Day 1 of the Festival altogether, so I can enjoy alone time with the babies before the Party. Tell Twin 1 Saturday's a bust because of the Party, that I can stop by her place, spend time with her on Friday, before I check into the hotel, then early breakfast on Sunday, watch the Parade, go together to Day 2 of the Festival.

When that solution popped into my head, the thinking thinking thinking stopped.

Heading out for yesterday morning’s workout, I noticed TinTin had finally removed the dresser drawer from her patio.

How did I miss that?

I was here, inside, all weekend, heard nothing that sounded like furniture being moved.

I checked the dumpster on my way to the car, didn’t see it, so what did she do with it?

Did she move it inside?

What finally prompted her to remove it was probably management getting into trouble with the Inspectors when they (the Inspectors) were on the premises last Thursday doing whatever it is they do.

I didn’t stick around for the Inspection. I used that day to get the Jeep serviced. So, no idea if my unit was inspected.

Returning from the Cave yesterday morning, I ran into the Talker who tells me Not Dead Nancy’s unit was inspected.

Inasmuch as Nancy has been in the hospital for over two months, and her estranged daughters (another dysfunctional family situation) have been going in taking things …… according to Nancy’s next-door neighbor, no telling what the Inspectors found inside that somewhat abandoned unit.

Other than that, I’ve no idea which units were inspected. Only that TinTin moved the dresser from the patio …… after-the-fact, which indicates she probably received a long overdue Lease Violation.

News coming out of the Hush Trial is that Mr. Docket No. 71543 fell asleep during jury selection yesterday.

Social media comments, as was expected, have been brutal ………


Last week's kitchen adventure was Fried Boiled Eggs. I tried various recipes, different spices, had Fried Boiled Eggs for breakfast, lunch, dinner before I moved on.

This week's kitchen adventure is Cabbage Soup, ala Mistress Maddie's recipe.

It was delish and filling with old-fashioned Hot Water Cornbread on the side.




Thanks for the recipe Mistress.

24 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good solution to the Pride Festival, Birthday Party, Twin 2 dilemma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not having to leave Day 1 early will make life easier for me.

      Delete
  2. I had grits for breakfast. This time I remembered to salt them and added a slice of American cheese, torn into pieces and melted into the mess in the pot. I told Judy after I had spent an inordinate amount of time cleaning the pan that I thought one could stucco his house with that stuff. She said that's why you can fry the leftovers the next morning. Fortunately there were no leftovers and since I finished the container I think it will be the last time grits are seen in my residence, though this morning's iteration wasn't too bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She Who Must Be Obeyed has it right .... fry the leftovers. Sometimes cool 'em fast, just so can fry. BTW, you're supposed to keep stirring the grits so they won't stick to the bottom of the pot. They're great with sugar, great with gravy.

      Delete
  3. You found a good solution to your dilemma. I will chime in and say I also wish the sleep was permanent for that guy. That looks like a good kitchen adventure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already got next week's kitchen adventure lined up. Something I just saw on TikTok.

      Delete
  4. At least they actually follow through after getting a lease violation notice. People around here just ignore those notices. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Management kept posting hints to clean up the patio in notes they included in the Monthly Calendar. TinTin ignored those hints, LOL.

      Delete
  5. Loved those comments, especially the one about his handlers sedating him. LoL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His handlers probably actually did, but looks like they need to up the dosage because he can't shut up when he's not sleeping.

      Delete
  6. I don't know how to take Hair Furor, between the ranting over the judge being mean to falling asleep in court.
    I hope they throw the book at hime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A very heavy book, but I don't think they will as he's already given enough reason to be tossed in a cell, do his ranting from there, and no one has of yet dropped the book on him.

      Delete
  7. Oh, so glad there was a solution to the weekend problem. Olivia

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so disgusting reading about his lies, glares, and continued rudeness. As one journalist noted, his spouts are similar phrases as Hitler and Mussilini did when they mesmerized their populations. Why do we keep thinking his mouth can be shut, even within the decorum of the courtroom? Never gonna happen. I've had grits with cheese on them! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheese seems to be the prevailing topping. I've even seen chefs on Food Network mixing cheese in grits, but I would never. I don't eat cheese. Can't even tolerate the smell.

      Delete
  9. Great solution! Kudos to you for finding a great way to deal with the dramarama!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like you got Pride figured out. So glad. Cornbread!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cornbread yes, but of the hot water variety .... none of that dreaded gluten my gut doesn't care for.

      Delete
  11. I'd been wondering how you could handle that situation and am delighted that you found a perfect solution! Fingers crossed it all works out smoothly for you. JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Worked it out yes, but the fact Twin 2 is now hurting yet again, because of not being able to be in the life of her grandbabies, is wearing heavily on my soul.

      Delete
  12. I too was thinking that 45's Handlers might be Sedating him so he doesn't say something outrageous and destroy any semblance of a Defense they can afford him. *LOL* But, I must say some of the comments were hilarious and spot on... I did hear a Modern Comedian say the funniest Political thing about the 2024 Election. He said he's reconciled himself that our next President will either be 45 from Prison, or Biden from Hospice. *LMAOROTF* Both are far too Geriatric to be our only choices, but, whaddya gonna do, I Vote Blue now no matter who, it's not like there's any Independents or Moderates even throwing their Hat in the Ring for an alternate Choice for us Moderate Independents that abhor Partisan Politics. It's discouraging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't seem he's sedated enough. Still can't shut up, but I did read about him falling asleep yet again and then embarrassing himself further with breaking wind while asleep. Poor Melania had to live with that old fool. As for prison or hospice being our choices, that was spot on but not all that hard of a choice to make.

      Delete