Sunday, April 14, 2024

Oy Vey!!!!

So my life just became more complicated.

Long Beach Pride Festival begins Saturday, May 18, 11 am, continues through Sunday, after the Parade.

I’ve got my hotel booked and a lineup of cool t-shirts to wear.


A few weeks back, Twin 1 indicated she wanted to spend time with me, would arrange her schedule to stop by here ……… the senior complex; but when I told her I’d be in Long Beach for Pride, she said she’d join me in that adventure instead.

"Cool" said I, but now my cup runneth over because I’ve recently been invited to attend the Great Grandson’s 2nd Birthday Party, Saturday, May 18, 2 pm ……… same day as Pride, right smack dab in the middle of the time I’d planned to be on the Marina Green, attending the festival with Twin 1.

One would think that ordinarily this would not be a problem. The easy solution is for the two of us to leave the Festival just before 2 o’clock, head for the Birthday Party, return to the Festival after, but one would be wrong because one doesn’t understand the dynamics of my seriously dysfunctional family.

Twin 1 (the baby’s Glam-ma) was totally self-involved during the years she was to have parented her children, resulting in her now no longer having a relationship with any of her five adult children.

A few years ago, she reached the level of enlightenment where she realized how she emotionally hurt and damaged her children, whereupon there was apologizing, followed by spurts of forgiveness and reconciliation, but sometimes the trauma one has caused in the life of others goes so deep that it can’t be undone.

The clock ultimately could not be unwound — forgiveness and reconciliation did not last.

As things stand now, Twin 1’s children are going on with living their lives not wanting her in it. Carrying a boatload of guilt, not able to forgive her own self, Twin 1 has turned to clearing her conscious by doing for the homeless community (her street children) what she failed to do for her own.

As for me, I’ve been put through the ringer by nearly every damn family member there was and is. However, understanding that everything in life (good and bad) happens for a reason, I’ve managed to not internalize what I’ve experienced. I harbor no ill will, let everyone live their own lives the way they feel fit, respect how they choose to interact or not interact with each other, touch base now and then, but remain careful to protect myself, maintain an emotional distance, not get too attached.

So, I’m definitely going to the baby’s birthday party but I’m trying to figure out how I can leave Twin 1 at the Festival, head to the party without it being a hurtful reminder that she’s not allowed to see the grandbabies ………… Is not invited.

She’s frequently in tears as it is thinking about how she screwed up, can't undo and can’t be forgiven. She wouldn’t expect me not to go, and I wouldn’t not go anyway, but I’m fearing how her knowing there is even a party and she not being allowed to go is going to twist the knife in even more than it already is.

I’m thinking, I should probably just let her know now, in advance, this would be happening, so she has time to process, cry it out, has the option to bow out of spending time with me altogether if she can’t handle my leaving her alone at the Festival, or give her time to make arrangements for a third or fourth person to attend the festival with us so she’ll be supported through the hurt and can continue having fun once I take off for the party.

Oy Vey!!!! The whole situation makes my heart hurt, and is sending me to that See's candy I have stored in the fridge.

All in all, it's a tragic reminder of how we create our own reality or, like I've often put it, "You make your choices, you live with the choices you make".

BTW, White Grandma will also not be in attendance. In fact, she’s been so toxic, done so much backbiting, created so much stress and drama for the kids, that she’s earned herself an actual uninvite ……………… been specifically told it's the end of the line "We do not want you here".

However, it wouldn’t surprise me to see White Grandma waltz her arse in just the same.

In other news, barring any last minute scrambling, tomorrow is jury selection for No. 45’s hush money criminal trial.

Shame it’s not being televised. If it were, I’d not be working out tomorrow. I’d be glued to the tube just like I was during O.J.’s trial.

On the other hand, I’m not feeling good about this trial, not hopeful that it will finally lead to our being rid of him once and for all, but I will wear my lock him up t-shirt tomorrow for luck.

24 comments:

  1. Whoo-ee! Your future looks full of craziness. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fault for having children. If my mom had let me be join the Catholic Church and be a nun like I wanted, this wouldn't be happening now.

      Delete
  2. Family; what can you do about them. Absolutely nothing.
    Sorry you're stuck in the middle of this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As always, you have the best and coolest t-shirts! I like the pronouns one in particular. And I would say, YES, let Twin 2 know the situation right now so she can adjust and deal with it in advance. If she attends Pride with a few friends to keep her company while you nip off to the birthday party, that would be wise, I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't see any other way to go, but I'm not looking forward to her being hurt any further. I think she's suffered enough and everyone should just chill.

      Delete
  4. I agree with Bob. But let me just add for you ... AAARRRRGGGGHHHHH!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, he isn't going anywhere! He gets away and keeps getting away with everything. Nothing will change.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Family! I want to smack those people who are always saying there’s nothing better. So sorry for all that’s going on and for the impact it has on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly! If I hadn't paid so much non-refundable for the hotel room, I'd stay home and avoid the situation altogether.

      Delete
  7. Aren't families fun? I so want to see him with his head shaved in an orange jumpsuit to match his skin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are just a bundle of laughs that I can't seem to escape. As for Docket No. 71543, I wish the judge would get some balls and lock him up for contempt of court with his turning down female jurors because "They're not my type", not to mention lock him up for not abiding by the gag order.

      Delete
  8. I think you are right about letting her know in advance. She'd feel sucker punched if you didn't. I'm realizing more people have dysfunctional families than don't. What a shame. I'm one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking about the situation is disturbing my peace, so I'm going to have to pull the plug, tell her and get that unpleasant task over with.

      Delete
  9. Yeeesh. Glad for the fact that twin 2 wouldn’t expect you to NOT go to the ggbaby’s party, but boy, are you in the middle. Maybe the hotel will make an exception? Olivia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, I've checked because I'm ready to just stay home, but the answer was no.

      Delete
  10. Yep, I'm with Seeking Debra's choice. Can you go back to the parade site and have a planned dinner with Twin 2 after the grandkid's party? Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll see her on Sunday morning for breakfast before the parade, during the parade and maybe we'll do Day 2 at the Festival after the parade, so there's that.

      Delete
  11. How sad that Twin 2's children weren't able to accept their mom's amends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Especially when I tried to point out there are worse parents, worse things parents do, childhoods far worse than theirs.

      Delete
  12. Family dynamics can be so complicated. You are wise to take the approach you do. Have fun at the Festival with the Daughter and fun at the Great Grandbabies Party too. Hopefully White Grandma will be turned away if she tries to show up uninvited...it's not all about her and the Family is wise to set boundaries... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The fact that White Grandma makes everything about her is exactly why she's been excluded. What's sad is that it means White Grandpa can't be there because of her. She ruins everything and doesn't understand why she is excluded, even though she's been told HOW she ruins everything. On the other hand, she behaved at the baby shower, but that was probably because I was there to police her had she gotten out of line.

      Delete