Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Recap


I was so expecting a total eclipse (didn't learn until after the fact we were not in the path of a total) that I was tempted to call off yesterday morning’s workout, because I didn't want to be in the back of the studio, away from the windows, miss the eclipse.

Instead, I suited up and headed to the Cave with a plan.


The plan was to annoy Trainer by letting him know I'd be going rogue that morning ......  instead of following his routine of having me keep the heartrate up on the treadmill between sets, I’d instead run outside, check progress of the eclipse, run back in.

Arriving at the Pain Cave, I could see (with the protective glasses of course) that the eclipse was already at a partial stage. There was some mild protestations upon informing Trainer of my plan, with his doubting the importance of viewing the Eclipse until I guilted him by saying, "It’s a phenomenon. I won’t be around for the next one".

He got onboard after that, changed the routine to no strength training, just 15 minutes on the treadmill, then we went outside and had a watch party with the owner of the liquor store next door.




Seeing no progress beyond the partial by end of my session, I returned to the complex, again checked for movement towards a total eclipse, but noooo, still partial, and then a car pulled up.

Of course, it was Meat Man, stopping to say hey and ask about my take on the eclipse, as he was heading out of the complex.

Before driving away, he did the usual pursing of his lips, made kissing sounds, and waved the kisses towards me.

That used to amuse me. This time I actually shuddered.

Meat Man would never harm me or anyone. I don’t think he’s that guy. However, now knowing how sleazy he is, the gesture made my skin crawl.

This morning was the 15-minute and now once-a-month Walking Club.

Homegirl happened to be out walking, so I invited her to join Activity Director and I.

The pace was fast. I logged in 1,500 steps, 1.17 miles in the allotted 15 minutes.

Mouths were running as fast as the pace ... which is why I prefer walking alone, no talking, listening to music.

However, some interesting tea was spilled. Like, though I've seen Red Light preparing for the move ... bagging up, tossing out, in actuality Red Light won't be moving for another two months.

She has been approved for the new apartment, but paperwork is involved in getting her transferred from one County's program to another, and bureaucracies are slow moving.

22 comments:

  1. I too much prefer walking alone and listening to music. I hate having to keep up with others or vice versa, or chatting....LOL. Roberta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully Walking Club won't be on next month's calendar for lack of interest by others.

      Delete
  2. That’s a really good pace... and while talking the entire time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My tracker said it was my fastest time, so I should probably have those two ladies act as the rabbit for my next 5K.

      Delete
  3. I, too, like walking alone and using that time for meditation!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Walking with the two talkers was fast, but it wasn't the usual relaxing walk.

      Delete
  4. I prefer to walk (or run or bike) solo and am not surprised that you do as well. Over a mile in 15 minutes is admirable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually relax and take my time. Walk to the pace of the music. Today's walk wasn't that, but I can put up with it once-a-month for 15 minutes.

      Delete
  5. Eclipse, Schmeclipse, who cares anyway. It only means the Apocalypse is getting close.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I hope not before I find out who wins Survivor and Amazing Race this season.

      Delete
  6. Not as much fun as a total eclipse, but glad you enjoyed the partial anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You really did well on that walk! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not by choice. I was hussling to keep up with them. LOL.

      Delete
  8. My brother just sent this from Trinidad. Good exercise! He is staying in a guest house owned by Colin Lucas. JanF
    https://youtu.be/1HPP9rtMDNo?si=gRSP6Q2HXCBZH3Ig

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Link does not work. What kind of exercise is it?

      Delete
  9. I don't know that Arizona had a spectacular view of the Eclipse but Princess T had a Friend in Texas who sent her Amazing pictures of it from there... Dawn the Bohemian

    ReplyDelete
  10. We had pretty good view for being a couple hundred miles north of its path. I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a little disappointed we only got a partial but, like I commented to Debra, something is better than nothing.

      Delete
  11. We only had a partial eclipse where I live too. It was cool while it lasted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very cool, and lasted quite a long time in one spot. When it was time to go, it went fast.

      Delete