Monday, February 21, 2022

President’s Day

No disrespect to Joe (it’s a tough job, somebody’s got to do it, but at least that somebody is no longer No. 45), but for me, it’s another Monday.

Woke up yesterday to find there were no eggs for breakfast in the refrigerator.

I was sure I'd restocked on my last trip and had plenty but, oh well, I made a quick run to the market and noticed the "mask required" signage has been removed. Now it’s just decal lettering next to the entry door saying masks are “suggested” if you’ve NOT been vaccinated.

I’m assuming the policy change is the result of the mask mandate having been rolled back to indicate those of us who are fully vaccinated are no longer required to mask up indoors.

Is it just me who now feels, with the wording of the policy change that, since I’m masked up, people assume I’m doing so because I’m NOT vaccinated?

It’s all so convoluted. No one knows who is vaxxed, who’s not, what’s safe, what’s not but no matter the mandate, it’s going to be masks and wipes for me until I get the all clear — however long that takes.

At least now, with the roll back, incidents of store employees enforcing the prior mask mandate being attacked will cease, but that won’t help the male and female Karens I’ve seen on TikTok and in the news who’ve already lost jobs, businesses, friends, put on a no-fly list, ruined their reputations and lives by acting the fool over being told to put a mask on.

Now that the Tyrant is gone, there’s chatter amongst the resident that there will be changes.

I doubt it because … what’s to change, except one thing different is that Head Maintenance Guy (HMG) is no longer locking and unlocking the mail center — a measure instituted by the Tyrant to put a halt to the constant break-ins.

After mail thieves managed to break in through every key lock, and other types of bars and locks installed as preventive measures, the only thing that worked was when HMG was given the duty to manually bar the security gate from the inside at 5:00 p.m. and manually unbar 9:00 a.m., Monday – Saturday.

I’m sure he got paid extra for it, and I’m equally sure his lazy arse didn’t like having the responsibility. There was even that bruhaha a few weeks ago when he failed to unlock, causing the mail carrier to turn around, leave without dropping mail off.

So, when on Friday, I ran into Next Door Neighbor and Church Lady complaining about having to once again use a key on the handle of the security gate, to gain entrance into the mail center, it didn’t come as much of a surprise that we’d gone back to what did not work before.

HMG probably did not even bother to ask No. 9 (the new manager) if he could no longer have to trouble himself with that responsibility.  My guess is he just stopped doing it.

Is it possible HMG is purposely setting No. 9 up for a fall?

She may not even be aware of all the prior break-ins and how the postal inspector people threatened to cease delivering to this property if management and Corporate didn't find a way to fix the problem.

After a few unsuccessful fixes, it got fixed, and now the fix is undone.

So long as the mail thieves don’t discover the change, we may not see this again.


But, if the mail thieves do come back and destroy the center again, No. 9 and HMG are gonna have a lot of splainin to do. Probably just No. 9, as HMG will throw her under the bus.

13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Most definitely, and it's a crime that's fairly well spread around here.

      Delete
  2. Here mask aren't required, but I noticed many places still, independently have mask required signs to enter. But you right you have not idea now if people are vaxxed or not. And the non vaxxed never hardly wore them to beginning with. And many I know who are vaxxed are not wearing them unless in very crowded conditions. Im on the fence but still wear them in markets and restaurants. But if I'm going somewhere I know won't be crowded, I ditch the mask.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might work myself up to making a maskless test run next time I walk the college campus, that is if I see they too have removed their "masks must be worn" signage. Everywhere else, I'll keep the mask on.

      Delete
  3. We are still masking up here in crowded spots, even though our governor says there is no need; like he's a doctor?

    My father is calling this Presidents Minus One Day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure there's any place to "test run" mask usage. I'm keeping mine on until all the variants stop propagating. We're in a 2nd variant subset of Omicron and they want to give it it's own Greek letter. I might be wearing a mask until we get to Zorba.... Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a lot of areas on the campus that's free of other people, where I'd feel comfortable breathing in fresh, hopefully free of virus, air.

      Delete
  5. Fresh air is good! Shirley, Shirley, Shirley!
    Look at a video article:
    www.cbsnews.com/video/more-than-20000-pieces-of-black-history-go-up-for-auction/
    An amazing teacher has collected cool things for years and it's being sold. It would be a delight to meet her and see the items in there. Reminds me of the figurines you acquired. Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting. The auction is in March, in person and online. Auctions, bidding online, that's too much technology for me. I bet Oprah will have her people bidding for her.

      Delete
  6. Perhaps #9 should be tipped off to the activities of the HMG. Anonymously might may be the way to do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm sure the constant complainers have already been in her office complaining about him. But it's been my experience people don't listen until the sh*t hits the fan. This will be a learning experience for her.

      Delete
  7. Mail Theft, and well, Theft in general are on the uptick considerably and not much is really ever done as a deterrent to those Crimes, so it is no real Surprise the Criminals find it lucrative and consequence free to continue doing it. I like that this Older Property has it's own Mailbox, I HATED those Community Boxes in Subdivision Hell. What ever happened to putting Mail slots in Doors, especially for Senior Communities where a lot of people may be shut-ins or vulnerable enough they don't want to risk standing at a Mailbox at all Hours? As for Masks, I'm with you, hardly anyone is Masking here now and most Mandates are only a 'Suggestion' now that nobody is heeding... but I'm wearing mine and doing all Pandemic Protocol coz this ain't nearly over. We still have over 2,200 folks a DAY dying horribly of this Virus, so where they think this has reached a point of no concerns is beyond me? My State has moved to 12th worst, we got a lot of Covidiots in Arizona, so I'm just not risking it and becoming Cavalier just becoz Pandemic Fatigue has set in with most of Society and I guess they're feeling Lucky or rolling the Dice with their Mortality?

    ReplyDelete