Saturday, February 12, 2022

Energy Drain

After experiencing two/three weeks of boundless energy, I woke up this morning totally fatigued for no reason other than, overnight, I’d somehow tapped into someone’s else’s stuff.

Being an empath can be exhausting. Instead of tapping into other people’s stuff, which solves nothing, why can I not tap into which numbers are coming up in the lottery, so I can play and win.

At any rate, I had things to do today, so I pushed through being so tired that I could hardly walk and headed out.

One errand was to drop off the bedroom laptop for installation of a new battery and resolution of sign-in issues caused by one of those Microsoft upgrades that plagues us all, causes problems every single time.

Though I did not recognize the voice of the Tech Guy I turned the laptop over to, he did appear to fit the description given me when I called for support back in January — "Come in for service, ask for me — the tall handsome guy".

I wish I’d gotten the Tech Girl because, though he was nice to look at, he was kind of an arse. Not rude per se, just an arse.

I’d always wondered what women meant by saying some guy had "gaslighted" them. Now I think I get it, and it must mean try to make you seem stupid, because when I pointed out how the Microsoft upgrade had created two of me to login — one administrator, one a guest, he said he didn’t see that when he booted up the laptop, and intimated it didn’t happen; Or, if it did happen, it was gone now.

When I had him restart the laptop and pointed out the two sign-ins ... clearly visible, it was "Okay. We’ll take care of that".

It was the same thing when I pointed out I had to manually input my password, because the laptop did not allow me to sign-in automatically. Instead, there was a message "Password Not Found", necessitating my having to manually input.

He said that message and extra step didn’t happen.

"Yes, it did" said I. "You had to input my password both times you booted up".

He insisted that no, he did not. Everything opened right up when he turned on the laptop.

By now, I was thinking he was not only gaslighting me, but that someone should tell him drugs are really bad for brain function.

Too exhausted to make him restart yet again, so I could point out he was wrong, I let that one go, but he was looking a lot less handsome to me by the time we completed our business.

Since I was at the electronic store, and never did find my missing blood pressure monitor, I purchased a new one.

Once I returned to the complex, set the monitor up, I couldn’t get it to work — it wouldn’t pair.

Not in the mood to deal with any more crap, the monitor has been repackaged, made ready to return when I pick up the repaired laptop — probably tomorrow, as I just received notification work has been completed.

I hope tomorrow is his day off.

While I was out and about, inasmuch as I was in the area of that Farmer’s Market I ran into last week, I stopped by to soak up some sun, listen to music, people watch.

Insofar as people watching, seeing some guy walking his two dogs through the shopping center, I assumed he was just out exercising until I saw him all of a sudden quickly walking towards a vehicle that looked like a school bus turned into a home on wheels.

Before I could grab my phone, take a photo of him and the dogs entering that vehicle, he was quickly joined by a woman, who evidently had been walking an additional two dogs. The whole lot of them got in the home on wheels before I could get their family photo and drove away.

The hurried exit may have been due to the fact the dogs probably went to the bathroom in the shopping center and the potty areas were not cleaned up after.



Another interesting sight was the Sugar Cane Stand, where the guys turned the canes into an energy drink.



My guess is the "energy" comes from an over-abundance of 100 percent pure unadulterated sugar.

I could have used the energy, but didn't want to risk ending up feeling worse, rather than better.

Stomping on the cane shavings, to compact for discard, gave a whole new meaning to what us Black people say when a meal tastes so good that it's like the cook had put their whole self in it, cooked with soul — "put your foot in it". LOL.

Whereas last week’s music was a bluegrass group, this week it was jazz.

Jazz is not my thing. I don’t hate it, it’s just not something I’d add to my playlist, but I did enjoy the sun on my masked face, the sound of people bustling around me, not having to interact with any one of them, while listening to music.



11 comments:

  1. "Okay. We’ll take care of that".
    Did you ask him if he was a republican?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate jerks like that too -- both the computer guy and the dog owners who don't clean up after their dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So many computer technicians are nerdy dudes (or dudettes) with little personality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This one seemed to be enjoying being obstinate. Wasn't a good look on him.

      Delete
  4. I really hate it when I get talked down to like I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If only they could read our minds when they're mansplaining and gaslighting, see how unimpressed we are.

      Delete
  5. It looks very warm where you are. Glad you enjoyed some nice outdoor time.
    And yes, I think you gave a good example of "gaslighting" from Tech Guy. Jerk.
    Nice to know someone else who doesn't care for jazz. It seems to be what the "cool kids" are into, and I'm the odd one out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather went from cold and windy to HOT, no in between. The ground was so hot that my feet were getting burned, even though I was wearing Birkenstocks.

      Delete
  6. One clerk at my Walgreen's pharmacy counter is such an idiot, I actually wait and ask for any other clerk.
    Warm weather? Through Berkies? Please mail some to us in Kansas. Linda in cold Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could mail it to you. I'll try to take more outdoor photos so you can enjoy vicariously :-)

      Delete