Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Chasing Rainbows

Woke up this morning to one of those seldom rains in California days.

Heading to the Pain Cave, I saw a rainbow had formed in the parking lot’s asphalt.


Second rainbow of the day. The first being the rainbow mask I’d decided to wear today.


Driving out of the parking lot, I heard what sounded like little rocks hitting the car. Pausing to see what gives, I suddenly realized it was hail stones.


I haven’t experienced hail since I was a teenager. There’s been hail in other areas around me since then, but it always passed me by until now.

Maybe this global warming thing will bring a phenomenon I’ve yet to experience — snow. I can see it off in the distance, on the mountain tops, but have never experienced snow up close and personal.

Popping into the market, after this morning’s workout, what did I see but a rainbow had formed in the market’s parking lot.


Now here we are in the early afternoon. It’s a little chilly, but it’s all dry outside. The sun is shining, residents are out and about, as are the landscapers.

With rainbows and hail today and 2.22.22 yesterday, I should have been buying lottery tickets, but didn't.

I’ve an appointment with the dentist tomorrow. Maybe the luck of it all will hold until then. I’ll stop somewhere along the way to play.

11 comments:

  1. That little hail is kinda fun, but the big stuff can really damage a car!
    Love the rainbow mask and your head scarf! Tres chic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really cute stuff pinging off your car; kindof bouncing sleet, which is baby hail.
    I'm still trying to comprehend that you've not seen snow up close. The 9 inches we had last week has mostly melted, or I could've shipped you some.
    Find a Shave Ice stand. Not a snow cone stand. Shave ice has a mean razor blade that shaves the ice off of a frozen cylinder. They even have sugar-free syrups to pour on it. That's pretty close to snow.
    You haven't seen snow in all of your years? Made snow angels? Made snow ice cream? Wondered why that section of snow was yellowish? Caught falling snow with your tongue? Snowball fights? Tried to make an igloo? Or worked hard to start a snowball and roll it into the 3 big parts for a snowman until you couldn't roll it anymore? Sledding on a cafeteria tray and hoping your legs don't get jammed into the chain-link fence that keeps you from sliding into a street? Skiing and freezing your hands to keep playing longer?
    Surely there's an indoor fake snow pavilion around. Maybe those are just in Saudi Arabia.
    I hate winter, but you need some snow.... Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done none of the above. While others were doing all that cold weather fun stuff, I was basking in the sun on a beach. I sometimes see trucks/cars coming down from the mountain with snow/ice falling off their roofs or in the truck bed.

      Delete
    2. Yep, I'd prefer a beach too.
      Careful with the snow falling off of vehicles. Polite drivers of regular cars brush the snow or sheets of ice off their roofs so it doesn't hurt the folks behind them or their cars.
      Mother Nature usually decides that you're taking BIG steps with tall boots on to really experience snow. Hard to plan baby steps with snow. Linda in Kansas

      Delete
  3. Hey, head on up here to Canada -- we've got LOTS of snow for you to experience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodness GF, in your Rainbow Mask and Shades you look about 20 years old!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My sister recently had hail that busted out the first layer of double hung windows. Crazy stuff.

    ReplyDelete