Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Where’s My Ballot

Tuesday, September 14, is the last day to vote in the Gubernatorial Recall Election.

After seeing friends post, weeks ago, that they’d voted “No!” … “Hell No!” … “F__k No!” and, with me having not yet received a ballot to date, thinking shenanigans may be in play, I looked into the matter this morning.

I did receive the Official Voter Information Guide, two weeks ago, flipped it open and landed on this …..


Not a very flattering photo.

At any rate, having registered and voted only once in my entire life, and that time just because it was absolutely necessary — No. 45 had to go, I was surprised to find my voter status listed as “inactive”.

What the heck?

This better not be one of those fiascos where I’ve been declared dead.

It happens.

At any rate, if I want to vote “No” in this election, I’ll have to reregister.

No thanks.

Once was enough, and if the powers that be are gonna bug me with having to sporadically repeat the process, followed by my name being resubmitted to the jury pool, having to re-submit my Permanent Jury Duty Excuse, then “F__k No!”.

So long as I’ve not been declared dead, I’m good.

I’m just gonna trust the recall process, and however it works out is however it works out.

Yesterday’s TikTok oven-baked pancakes were a win. One of the few things I’ve tried from TikTok that wasn’t a fail except, instead of substituting a sheet pan with a cake pan, I should have used a pie pan — which would have resulted in flatter looking pancakes. Cake pan baking caused the pancakes to rise, come out looking more like slices of corn bread. Especially since I sliced in rectangles.

Blueberries & Crispy Uncured Bacon

Nevertheless, DELICIOUS! Plus, light, fluffy. 

My sensitive gut will not tolerate traditional syrup, so I made a clear stevia simple syrup.

I’m tempted to do pancakes again this morning but, inasmuch as I’ve already ordered a quarter sheet pan (they do exist), I’ll wait.

So this was a win, but the TikTok idea I tried a few weeks ago was an epic fail.

A creator, who calls himself the Dancing Dentist (a Periodontist that likes to dance) suggested, to keep our pearly whites white, that a straw be utilized when drinking liquids — coffee, sodas, etc.

Inasmuch as I’d just had my teeth cleaned, not wanting coffee stains, I took a sip of my hot coffee through the straw and ……

You guessed it.

The inside of my mouth caught fire.

Fortunately, I was in the kitchen, near the sink and could quickly safely, spit the burning coffee out without damaging carpet, couch, laptop (other places I could have been when I took that sip).

When next I run across that clip, I’ll leave a comment asking the dentist to specify “cold liquids”, for those of us who don't think it through, because the roof of my mouth has yet to return to normal.

And btw, as to how I received a Voter Information Guide when listed as "inactive", I just noticed that though the document was addressed to my unit, it was not my name, nor the name of anyone I know.

May be shenanigans after all.

13 comments:

  1. If you have been declared dead, then you really are the Walking Dead girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right. That photo is not flattering at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She should have put her efforts behind recalling that photo, rather than recalling our governor.

      Delete
  3. Pancakes look interesting, may have to give them a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So easy, I doubt I'll ever go back to the old way of standing over the stove, watching for a proper cook, then flipping.

      Delete
  4. I think if you don't vote in 4 elections, you become inactive. At least I think that's what it was. It's been a while since I had to look that up.

    I've tried to drink hot coffee through a straw when I had my wisdom teeth removed, and I did the same thing you did. Lesson learned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That coffee seemed like a good idea at the time, lol, but yeah we learned different. I've only registered once in my life, and that was for the last presidential election. Too recent to have been marked inactive already. Perhaps I'm being punished for having not voted all those previous years and not wanting to do jury duty.

      Delete
  5. Let me just mildly encourage you to go vote. The polls look good for no recall, but Hillary was supposed to win too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I accept your mild encouragement, but I don't really have a dog in this fight. So, though I would have voted NO on the recall, it's not worth my going to the trouble of re-registering. Not to mention, it already may be too late to vote, even if I did re-register.

      Delete
  6. Strange that you've gone "inactive" unless you moved since the last time you voted?
    The pancakes look delish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope. Haven't moved. Somebody on the other end is doing a poor job. But that's bureaucracy for you.

      Delete
  7. I'm hoping the Fraudit with the Cyber Ninja Grifters the ReTrumplicans sent out here doesn't cock up all our future Elections and Mail In Ballots being received. I'm suspicious, I think they are definitely indulging in Voter Suppression of certain demographics they want to Silence. Like you, I never was one to Vote often, until 45 had to go and so many Whack Jobs got Elected that needed also to be Voted Out lest they take over and wreck the Country I Love.

    ReplyDelete