Thursday, April 1, 2021

More Than He Could Chew

Trainer has been keeping us regaled with the renovations via videos posted to his Instagram.

Yesterday’s video showed not only a wall knocked down, but walls plural, doors, windows. It was looking like Trainer had taken on more he could chew, gutted the whole place.

I began thinking I’d get a call postponing that day's workout.

Sure enough, along about 10 a.m., I got a text asking to reschedule to today at 12 noon.

“Sure” said I. “Looking at the video posted, I’d half expected your call. LOL.”

I woke up this morning, expecting the remainder of the week to be called off. It’s early, so I’ll proceed as a usual workout day, but won’t be surprised to be texted that the remainder of the week is cancelled.

Trainer does not own the building. So I sure hope he, and the guy who’s partnered with him, have the owner’s permission to do as much as is being done.

With no plans scheduled for my yesterday off, I ended up putting in time on the new needlepoint, while watching old reruns of the original Law and Order and working out with the smart hula hoop.

I was tempted to watch the George Floyd Trial on Court TV, but knew I couldn’t handle it. 

Watching Chavin sitting there looking non-repentant would be too disturbing. Especially, since his defense attorney is presenting as calm, charming, likeable ─ not the usual scumbag distasteful defense attorney type.

I had been reading some of the online daily summaries, and even THAT is so disturbing that I’m going to have to block out the whole proceeding ... wait for the end, hope it's not just another injustice I have to swallow.

What I found so distressing that I can’t even read summaries of the trial any longer was when an off-duty firefighter walked up on the scene, identified herself, asked to be allowed to provide aid to Floyd but was told by Thao, “If you are who you say you are, then you know not to get involved”.

WHAT?!

A first responder should know better than to try to respond to a person in distress?

What planet is Thao from.

What really hurts was when that first responder was on the stand, and the judge found her responses to Chavin’s defense attorney to be “argumentive”. The judge “scolded” her not to argue with the court or counsel.

Scolded a witness still distressed over what she observed and being rendered helpless to do her duty.

I find what this judge said to her to be not only upsetting but very telling. “So that’s how it’s going to go” I said to myself, as the hope in me that justice would be served faded away.

I just can’t handle watching, hearing or reading about this trial. Wake me when it’s over.

As for today’s workout ... a text arrived, as I was composing this post, indicating the contractor has “made a mess in the treadmill area, we might have to reschedule”.

I really must add to my resume that I’m not only an empath but a mind reader. LOL. ”Let’s just call this week altogether”, replied I.

Trainer saw the need to apologize profusely, but “nothing to apologize for, stuff happens” said I.

On tap for today, now that I've another free day, is more needlepoint, tv, smart hula hooping.

I don't know if it's my imagination but, since I began working out with this hoop, my body feels younger.

Seriously.

No April foolin.

Last two mornings I woke up, there wasn't the sound of cracking in my knees as I got out of bed.

I haven't lost any weight, but I "feel" lighter, move easier.

Perhaps the movement is releasing much needed collagen from the hips to the knees and other joints.

Time will tell.

5 comments: