Sunday, April 4, 2021

Happy Easter


With no egg coloring or Easter potluck photos to regale you with — for the second year in a row since the pandemic called a halt to those kinds of activities here at the complex, thought I’d regale you with a cute pic the granddaughter sent.

She and her husband have become like urban farmers, what with a vegetable garden, cat, dog, baby chickens and baby ducks.

Mama?

All this in an uber expensive home in a hoity toity neighborhood.

The neighbors must love them, I say in jest, because not only are they a mixed race couple, but have turned the back yard into a petting zoo.

This photo of the baby chicks had me LOL, because it caused a flashback to an annoying memory from childhood.


Whenever any of us kids would approach mom with, “Guess what?” She’d reply with “Chicken butt, run around the house and eat it up”.

Have you ever heard of that smart aleck response?

I’ve never heard this coming from anyone else, which is a good thing because it got old and annoying and was an instant conversation ender, which may have been mom’s plan ─ whatever it was, she didn’t want to hear it.

Tomorrow is the big reveal at the Pain Cave. Renovation was completed on Friday and Monday marks my return to a regular schedule.

The kid from the movie Get Out ─ which is so good that I’ve viewed over a dozen times, hosted Saturday Night Live last night and slayed when he included this in his monologue.


Didn't know he was British, can't tell from the way he speaks in the movie, but hearing his accent last night, it's mesmerizing to hear it come from a person who looks like that and it's lovely.

9 comments:

  1. I've never heard your mom's phrase. baby chicks are SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky at never having heard it. It's annoying when you're trying to have a conversation.

      Delete
  2. Happy Easter to you! I am in awe of actors who can turn a foreign accent on and off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fascinating, and makes the speaking seem a lot more handsome than he is. Sort of like a man in uniform. LOL.

      Delete
  3. I'm British and I like to hear black people speaking like that. Also love to hear Trevor Noah's South African beautiful voice and loved being in France overhearing black Africans speaking French!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hadn't noticed Trevor had an accent. Will have to pay closer attention. Love his easy manner and humor though. The fact he was emcee at the Grammy's was the only reason I watched.

      Delete
  4. I saw Daniel on SNL and he was in a lot of skits and he was good. He could be a regular on SNL if he wanted too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I usually just watch SNL for the monologue and Weekend Update, finding most of the skits boring. But last night, I watched the entire show because Daniel made it interesting .... except for that musical guest that I've never heard of, LOL. It was tough getting through her, but I survived.

      Delete
  5. I just Love all kinds of Accents, it's so interesting really how different parts of even the same Country can have so many different Accents and dialects. And how it can change when you move to a different area and then pick up that twang! The thing that always slayed my American Friends was that growing up with a Foreign Mom who had a very thick Accent, they didn't understand how us kids didn't talk exactly like her, rather than like our Dad, who was American. I suppose it's mostly because we never had Welsh as our First Language and English was Mom's 2nd Language? Anyway, I worked hard to get rid of a thick East Coast Accent from the many Years of living in those parts, but the Moment I'd be around anyone from Massachusetts or New York, I'd slip right back into it! *LOL* Arizona has no Accent, some States don't... others, it's very strong.

    ReplyDelete