Saturday, April 24, 2021

Nothing

Other than my normal schedule of workouts, needlepoint, trying to catch up on recorded television programs, I’ve got nothing other than sitting on my couch perch watching maintenance guys getting Sue’s (whose lifestyle took such a toll that she became unable to care for self and was moved in with family) across the quad, upstairs corner unit ready for the next tenant, and landscapers uprooting ALL the plants on the property.

I also squeezed in time to watch a movie I’d been anxious to see ever since I’d first heard about it months ago.

Of course, I don’t go to the movies and though I have a smart tv and can load a streaming service, the mechanics of switching from TV to all the other options the smart tv offers is too confusing for me, so I patiently waited for the DVD to release.


It’s up for Best Picture and Best Screenplay.

I don’t know about either, but I enjoyed it and particularly enjoyed that, instead of the usual spoiling of a movie for myself by knowing what was going to happen before it happened, this one was full of unanticipated surprises.

The main character’s skittle nails motivated me to go back to what was last year’s style.

Promising Young Woman

Retired Senior Citizen

Sue’s family must have left a terrible mess inside, when they moved Sue out, because the guys brought in a dumpster and spent two days loading it with miscellaneous junk.

Good luck getting a cleaning deposit back.

As for the landscapers, here we are, same week as Earth Day, and first they pruned the trees to death, then came back and stripped the entire complex of, what looked to me, to be healthy striving plants, leaving a few hedges and patches of dirt.



I’m assuming management has a plan, a before and after. Can’t wait to see the after, because the before was already lush and pleasant looking.

Oh, and by the way, the news reported at least six people fatally shot by officers (with varying circumstances) in the 24 hours after jurors reached a verdict in the murder case against Chauvin.

Just sayin’

13 comments:

  1. damn police; when are they going to stop killing innocent people?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only positive is that the world is closely watching these officers now.

    Love your nails!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'd think knowing they're being watched and held accountable would already have put a halt to being so quick on the draw, but noooooo.

      Delete
  3. Love your nails!!!!!! Very fun! And how about the finale last night of DragRace!!!!! Now that was a finale! They must have spent a fortune of all those gowns. And our girls pulled it out!!!!!! YAY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised, then got scared, when Candy made it to the end. In fact, I was praying ... "Please God, NOT Candy Muse". LOL. Thank goodness Symone pulled it out. Those gowns were unbelievable.

      Delete
  4. Shocking to hear about those shootings. Nice to catch up with you, poor Sue though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of a shooting today, so one can only hope that means they're done. Sue was a sweet lady. Watching her give up was sad.

      Delete
    2. At least she had family willing to take her in. So many of us do not.

      Delete