Saturday, May 2, 2020

Ready or Not

There was a lot of traffic on the road when I headed out this morning for a drive to the Sprouts out-of-the-area. Noticing the car’s windows had a thick layer of dust from being parked so long, I stopped by the DIY car wash.
I was the only one wearing a mask. That made me feel conspicuous, but I’d rather live with looking conspicuous than take a chance of what could happen by not wearing one.
Heading towards the freeway, I noticed the donut shop, near the freeway entrance, was once again open for business. Not to mention, the freeway was back to tons of traffic.
Ready or not, it appears this area of the state has reopened.
Once back in the area, I noticed the pizza parlor on the corner is also once again open for business and, come Monday, my Pain Cave sessions are back on.
I expect Trainer’s client list is going to blow up because more people are going to spring for personal sessions, rather than wait for gyms to reopen ─ that is IF gyms reopen. There’s also the possibility that if gyms do reopen, folks are going to avoid them because of the group factor and sign up for one-on-one’s.
No news on when the complex office returns to business as usual, and no news on Apache’s situation ... no news because I’ve not seen nor spoken to anyone and did not go out seeking. I’ll wait until news comes to me.
There’s also no news on when the day once again comes when I run out of a floss color and can walk into a craft store and purchase a skein.
Thus far, I’ve run out of two colors, and though craft stores ─ with the exception of Hobby Lobby are open now, allowing customers in, there’s a line, estimated at a 3 hour wait time.
And don’t think of beating the line by getting there early, as customer service tells me people begin lining up at 7:00 a.m .... the store doesn’t open until 10:00.
What in God’s name could people be working on that they’d get in a craft store line 7:00 in the morning when doors don't open until 10:00?
Having already devoted 9 months, 1,224 hours to this project, I’m not going to let lack of a few colors slow completion down. I’ll just work around the missing colors for now.
Worst case scenario, that being months from now I finish the project and have not gotten ahold of the missing colors, I’ll frame it and present as is. Should be an interesting conversation piece. Folks will ask Twin 2 why there are empty spots and she’ll say the piece represents work done during the pandemic of 2020. LOL.


14 comments:

  1. Could you order the missing colors online? I was working on a needlepoint project once and the shop where I purchased the little yarn skeins burned to the ground. It was before we had a computer so I wrote to the manufacturer and was able to have the colors I needed mailed to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way ahead of you. I went to the craft store's website to order online and learned the two colors I need are out of stock. Same with every other source I looked into … "not available, out of stock, back ordered". Things are changing every day, so I'll keep checking back.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Mage. Glad you're back home and doing well.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Mage... you are talented! lol on your title “pandemic 2020” if you leave your empty spots in masterpiece. You crack me up.
    Cali B

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you have had this time to make an item to document this piece of history. As it gets passed from generation to generation, there will be that pandemic of 2020 story to pass along.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully I'll get my missing colors and can fill in the blanks. If this pandemic ever ends, I'm going to add my many masks to the scrapbook as witness, for future generations, to this period in history.

      Delete
  5. Another thought, maybe you can find a blog of a crafter who does similar type work and post a request. There are so many helpful folk out there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's turning out Beautiful! The Opening Up I'm very conflicted about since I feel it's premature and people are already behaving badly and as if the Pandemic is History, which is naive and dangerous. Makes it hard to go out too if you're one of the few complying with Social Distancing, other Regs and Guidelines to safeguard the Public, wearing your Masks and just being considerate of everyone around you. As a High Risk person it makes it harder now to go out than in the thick of Pandemic since people are forgetting how insidious and quick spreading this particular Virus is. The experts are alarmed already and have cause to be, this is not going to end well if people don't wake up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I expect you're right about not going to end well, but no matter how you look at it, it didn't seem like it was going to end well anyway. We're all on our own, we have to do what is best for us as an individual. And if that means carrying a taser and blasting the heck out of anyone who violates our space, so be it.

      Delete
    2. LMAO, I can see you with Taser in hand zapping egregious people right and left, as you look Fabulous in your Designer Masks, like some Pandemic Super Hero doing us all a Public Service! *winks*

      Delete
  7. I'm surprised you go to Hobby Lobby since the owners are a bunch of women hating right wing nut jobs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shop their while wearing my invisible suit of armor so the owners' beliefs can't affect me. Lol.

      Delete