Wednesday, May 27, 2020

Moving

Made the mistake of pushing the button that said “try” the new dashboard, which is going into effect June 1.

“Try” turned into I’m stuck with it now and I really don’t care for the new setup ─ a lot of unnecessary steps, setup is too confusing, not to mention the dashboard is not attractive.

As soon as I can figure out how to do so, I’ll be moving to Wordpress.

Hopefully, I can manage to do so without losing everything, but already I’m running into a problem with the domain name. It might end up bootsbraids.wordpress rather than bootsandbraids.wordpress.

Either way, I’m outta here in a few days. Hopefully, I’ll see you on the flip side.
And good luck to those of you who will be stuck with the new dashboard setup in June.

11 comments:

  1. I changed mine back. There is a way to do it. I just can't remember right now. I'll look around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mike, but there is no point as it will automatically revert to the new dashboard on the 1st. Do you like this new setup? Did you not find it confusing?

      Delete
    2. I definitely didn't like it which was why I switched back. Same thing with facebook. "Try the new look"! Nope.

      Delete
  2. It says that the old interface will still be available. To go back look under reading list and click revert to legacy blogger.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whew! That worked. Thanks. That new interface is just too much work, too many unnecessary steps and, unfortunately, it doesn't look like I can keep this easy peasy legacy format for long because it says "In late June, the new Blogger interface will become the default for all users".

      Delete
  3. I thought about hitting the button to try out the new setup, but decided not to. Hopefully they'll get the bugs out by time everyone has to change over.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bugs are not the problem, Kathy. It's the whole new setup, especially the extra step required to get to blogs on my reading list. Don't know what they're thinking. If it ain't broke, don't change it.

      Delete
  4. If it's not broke I don't know why they insist on trying to fix it... leave well enough alone with this enhancement nonsense! *LOL* Of coarse I'm Old and Hate to have to relearn things since they keep making it all the more complicated and Tech Geeky. I will try to locate you, hopefully they won't force us all to change over, I like my space as it just is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this for the first time tonight.

    "In late June, the new Blogger interface will become the default for all users. The legacy interface will still be optionally available. We recommend trying the new interface by clicking “Try the New Blogger” in the left-hand navigation. Please file any critical issues encountered."

    Most important line? "The legacy interface will still be optionally available."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In that case, guess I'm not moving. Thanks for the info.

      Delete