Wednesday, September 25, 2019

While I Was Away

It appears, while I was up in Los Angeles for the Batman 5K, that we lost yet another Community Manager.
The guy who came to us in April, turned in his resignation.
The position is once again listed as an opening on Corporate’s career site.
Since Corporate acquired the complex and took over in 2012, this is the 7th Community Manager to leave the position via being fired, or resigning, and there was one individual who never made it to the property. He or she dropped out during the orientation stage at Corporate Offices.
The turnover is averaging one a year.
As posted, back in April, this guy is the first male in the position. He came to us after the position had been vacant for 12 months because, for whatever reason, Corporate could either not find a suitable candidate, or no one would apply.
Inasmuch as this guy came to us all the way from Texas, my guess it’s the latter ─ word was out that working for Corporate might not be such a fun thing and no one would apply.
I’d also posted that, after going through the hassle of relocating to California, the guy from Texas might be able to tough out whatever Corporate throws at him, stick around for a while, and that time would tell.
Five months later, he’s outta here. Time just told.
So, there’s that.
Also, while I was away, the cause of Jeep Guy’s death hit the grapevine. And shocker …. according to his mother, “Oh honey, it was suicide. He took some pills”.
Wow, this after Jeep Guy was finally fading from my thoughts.
But life goes on and, yesterday, the seniors had a going away party for a long-time resident relocating to Boise Idaho.
This is the woman who was invited into South Korea, either last year or year before, by Korea's POW/MIA Accountability Agency, to attend a ceremony releasing the remains of her older brother ─ along with the remains of 55 other U.S. service members, who were killed during the Korean War of 1950.
At any rate, along about 10:00, the Baker caught up with me and asked if I’d be available to take photos at the 11:30 event for our facebook page.
That’s actually my time to head for the Pain Cave, but I was able to get Trainer to switch yesterday’s session to today, and attend the event.
Such a nice event that ended up with 61 photos and managed to get a clip of the emotional honoree.


She said she was sorry to leave all her many friends, but happy about where she’s going.
I was impressed with the clever going away gift.



A tote bag with handwritten well wishes.
So, you’re up to date with the complex goings on, except I see Apache has his Halloween decorations up already.


We don’t get little trick or treaters here, so I no longer decorate.
I do, however, switch out my coffee cup.
This was my drinking cup last few weeks.


This is my drinking cup this morning and until time to switch to a Christmas mug.


The news this morning is fascinating, but I’m afraid to hope it means the end is near. I can't let myself get invested in thinking this is it for No. 45, only to be let down. So I'll remain detached  ─ not hope, not wish, not pray for him and his VP to be gone, but just accept what is while enjoying at least 45 is being made to squirm.

5 comments:

  1. I don't think Pence would be better. Just different in a no so good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. Either way is bad, but it still would be great to see the last of 45.

      Delete
  2. I think that tote bag was a good idea. I use them all the time - all sizes and strengths for any job. Can't imagine what Corporate does that they keep running people off. That is just stupid. No company runs well like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear Jeep Guy's end was by his own Hand, his Suffering must have been so profound tho', his accident tragic and leading to the eventual outcome being all the more tragic. The Management turnover is extreme, Corporate really needs to work that out to get qualified applicants who will remain and to have the Company's reputation not be so negative as to turn off applicants entirely! I'm glad to see Apache's decorations... and your Mugs... I just Love everything Halloween and so I decorate mostly for my own pleasure. And yes, Hopes that 45's Legacy will be Impeachment and eventual Prosecution for his Crimes when he's no longer protected by the Presidency granting him immunity... but I too will wait and see... whatever happens is going to have some backlash for sure... we're such a divided Country already and he's the cause of so much of the divisiveness and hate mongering.

    ReplyDelete