Saturday, July 14, 2018

Risky Business

Yesterday was Friday the 13th and I didn’t freak out and stay indoors in order to assure safety from any mishaps.
Am I superstitious?
Why yes ... yes I am.
I admit to avoid walking under ladders, throwing salt over my left shoulder, and there was once a black cat here on the complex. One day, when it happened to be headed in a direction that would take it across my path, I turned around and began walking backwards so the cat would not be technically crossing my path but my back.
Having planned to leave the complex at 11:00, headed for Macy’s in Rancho to replenish moisture cream and go athletic shoe shopping BEFORE I realized yesterday was Friday the 13th, once I saw the date it took me until 1:00 to work up the courage to overcome superstition and head out.
The drive was brown knuckling all the way and, arriving without incident in the parking lot, I was rewarded with a Summer Pikachu as I stepped out of the car.



Needing a black pair of trainers, because the current pair has been worn to excess, I walked into a sale.



Unfortunately, the black ones were not on sale, not available at another store and, I am told, not in stock to be shipped to me, so I settled for the red white and blue (looks pink here but trust me, it's red) -- on sale at minus $30.
I still need black trainers so I’m just gonna test that out-of-stock theory and see if I can’t find them online.
Later, leaving Macy’s, I caught another Summer Pikachu.



So all in all, not an unlucky day.
There was a Farmer’s Market in progress in the area. However, not wanting to push my luck, I headed straight for home.
On another note, I’d like to thank the UK for giving our Orange Idiot-in-Chief the welcome he so richly deserves.



No comments:

Post a Comment