Tuesday, July 31, 2018

No News is Good News

Another week of not much going on in my neck of the woods.
Maybe that’s because I’ve been holed up inside, A/C blasting.
I was very annoyed when the utility company tried to make me feel guilty for not wanting to die of heat stroke inside my unit.



What do they expect?
I do try to keep usage down by not running A/C 24/7, more like 16/7, which means struggling through 88◦ nights. Not that I’m trying to keep up or, in this case, down with the Joneses, but in an effort to keep the bill down. But as soon as I wake up in a sweat at 6:00/7:00, it’s A/C on.
I didn’t make it down to the Community Room this Pizza Tuesday to catch up with complex goings on. Instead, I drove over to the Amazon Locker to pick up a few things I’d ordered. Which included those black trainers Macy’s said were out-of-stock. I located them no problem on the holy grail of shopping sites, same price.



So, with two pairs of trainers and not much walking getting done -- because of the heat, I’m looking at a long time before I have to go to this expense again.
It's not just the heat derailing my walking, but also the recent addition of “friends” to Pokémon GO.
The way it works is “gifts” are now included in what can be gathered at PokeStops. Those gifts (of Poké Balls and other game tools) are to be sent from one friend to another. My two friends are The Archeologist and the son of a former coworker, and with gifts of Poké Balls coming in daily from one or the other, I’ve got more balls than I can handle and there’s no need for me to get out and walk to collect. I do, however, have to send gifts in return, which requires my pulling up to PokeStops, when I’m out and about, for a gift to return the favor.
Also picked up this morning from Amazon’s Locker was this.




I’ve been obsessing ever since I bought the Jeep as to where to go for tire pressure checks, since I didn’t think the tire shop where I bought tires for the Saturn would check tires not purchased from them. The idea of pulling into a gas station and trying to figure out the air machine was not appealing.
I really miss when I’d pull into a gas station and ask them to “fill her up, check the oil and tires”.
I was even thinking it would be enterprising of those in need to instead of standing on the corner begging for dollars, to stand by the gas station equipment and offer to check pressure for a couple bucks.
At any rate, when I was checking in with the folks last week, I saw where the Volunteer Residents Activity Committee was selling raffle tickets for a tire inflator. Never heard of such a tool, but instantly realized that was the solution to my dilemma.
Initially, I thought to purchase blocks of tickets to ensure my winning, but then that little voice of reason told me to research the one being offered.
I checked reviews and found it was the worst one on the market. Known to burn out on the first use.
So, after further research, I went with the above and won’t be purchasing any raffle tickets at all, not even one, because it would be just my luck to win.
It’s a good thing I found out about this tool before the Orange Traitor’s trade war went into effect because look at the packaging.


No comments:

Post a Comment