Tuesday, July 3, 2018

May the 4th Be with You

That would be the 4th of July, not the 4th of Star Wars Day.
Either way, I’m not feeling it this year.
It may be the heat that’s killing my vibe, it may be the political climate, it may be I’ve been infected with negative vibes coming from one of the seniors I was around at today’s potluck, it may be I had another attack on my parenting skills a few days ago by someone who made my life a living hell for two plus decades, walked all over me saying “You can’t tell me what to do” when I tried to keep her from creating what is now her reality, and somehow feels I’m the bad guy and don’t love her and that I'm judging her because I’m not now involving myself/stressing myself in whatever it is she is experiencing in having to deal with/work herself through what she herself created. It may be a mixture of all of the above, but I’m not in the mood for this holiday.
Nevertheless, I made it down to Pizza Tuesday and hung around after, just long enough to take photos of the potluck for the resident’s Facebook page.
The event was a success, but in no way because of the Activity Director, but because of her volunteers.
In fact, the Activity Director drove into the parking lot around 11:00, exited the car, headed to Community Manager’s office, and we didn’t see her until around 1:30, well after everyone, once again, did her job for her.
The two ladies who opted out of picking up and delivering pizzas, because Activity Director wanted them to fill out a form and submit to background checks, evidently changed their mind because they did the usual pickup and delivery.
The loose woman organized the pizzas, breadsticks, chicken wings, handled the sign-in sheet and distributed the goods.
The Baker and The Woman that Owns the Room set up the potato salad, macaroni salad, baked beans, melons, cookies, and other dishes residents brought to the potluck. Assistant Maintenance Guy barbequed the hot dogs.
Head Maintenance Guy is on vacation and, btw, his wife hasn’t delivered yet but “any minute” I’m told.
When I left shortly after 1:30, I’d not seen Activity Director do a single solitary thing except walk in, push for her Thrive in Place -- she’s calling it, and disappear again. She’s saying insurance companies are looking at being fined for their insureds going in and out of hospital. That our plan information is needed for purposes of health information being analyzed to see what we need to thrive in place.
No thanks.
What I need is for you to stop putting your job off on residents, even if they are willing minions.
I was correct in estimating about 30 residents would show up, with only seven having signed to bring a dish. That number eventually rose to thirteen, but 30 or more did show up and there was plenty of food for all.
Handsome Guy made an appearance. We had quite a nice conversation on varying topics, one of which is how much The Seer has changed since hooking up with Shadow.
I’ve been noticing the change in her and was trying to figure out the what and why of it. First thing I noticed was her beginning to come across as over-the-top arrogant and the loss of her sense of humor. Instead of the usual laughing at what I’d say, she began taking my words way too seriously, shutting me down with “You see, I don’t like this... that ... the other”. It came across as arrogant, but I let it go and, because she wasn’t fun any longer, I began chatting with her less and less.
I don’t mean to knock Shadow’s appearance but, believe you me, he’s visually nothing for her to be arrogant over, even if he does cater to her and call her “My Queen”.
When she walked into the Community Room today, all by herself, I inquired “Where’s your shadow?”
Her head went up in a royal manner, she looked down her nose at me and said, “What shadow do you mean? A lot of people shadow me.”
“Your White Shadow”, said I.
She went into a tirade about being sick and tired of people calling him her shadow.
I thought I was the only one, but if others are saying so as well, then there you go. However, I actually don't think anyone else has said so to her because other people don't really talk to her any longer. I think it was just another instance of her being judgmental, finding fault with what I'd said.
At any rate, I tried to peel her off the ceiling by saying that if others are saying so, then they must be joking because I was joking. And further, that I found it sweet that he follows her around.
She calmed down but left it with, “I’ve had enough of having him called my shadow”.
Heard.
Later, when Shadow himself walked in, I said, “Your girlfriend is going to tell you I’ve given you a nickname ... White Shadow. Do you have a problem with it?”
He smiled, shrugged his shoulders and said “No. When I was in high school they called me Tigger”.
“Tigger ... Like the comic character?”
“Yes”.
“Why?”
“Because I had a girl on both arms”.
I don’t get it, but okay, at least he’s cool with me.
As for The Seer, arrogance and pride go before a fall. She’s heading for a great one.
She’s been complaining that “all these women are hating on me because they’re jealous”.
I bought into her losing friends because of jealousy, but now I see ... it’s not jealousy, it’s just that folks are not putting up with her new haughty “I am the Queen” behavior and judgmental attitude.
Talking with Handsome Guy about how The Seer has changed, he said something about how surprised he was to see her dropping so far below her level in choosing Shadow. That’s when I got it ... Her arrogance is actually her being defensive because, in the back of her mind, she realizes she’s settled low and is looking for an argument and a fight where there is none.
At any rate, I can’t deal with people I have to walk on eggshells to be around. So, girl bye.
One funny thing that came out of today’s event was when The Baker asked Handsome Guy to sign a birthday card for R_____. He said he didn’t know who R_____ was.
“Sure you do”, said The Baker. “She lives in our area”.
He still couldn’t place her.
“She’s tiny, drives a red Cadillac”, said The Baker.
Still, Handsome Guy couldn’t place her.
“She’s a little b!tch and a bully”, said I.
“OH! I know who that is”, says Handsome Guy and he signed the card.

2 comments:

  1. It's the heat of the political climate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. Could be. Especially since I'm siding with Canada.

      Delete