Tuesday, July 24, 2018

Didn’t See This One Coming

Color me saddened and shocked when, checking in with the folks this morning’s Pizza Tuesday, I learned the Community Manager was fired yesterday.
Two women from Corporate, one of whom I’m told is the new Regional Director, were said to have entered her office, spoke briefly with her, allowed her to gather all her things and whoosh she was gone.
She did not deserve that and we’re all very sad, except for Apache. He’s so pleased with himself that he’s dancing around, his feet barely touching the ground because he sees it as another win.
Like I’ve posted before, that’s all that matters to my buddy Apache … that he wins. And though Corporate Lawyers issued a cease and desist on his contacting Corporate, he not only continued but managed to get another resident to join him.
I’d actually seen him and this other resident walking through my quad last week, looking as though they were on patrol.
I opened the patio window and yelled down to them, “Why are you two up to? You’re walking around looking like cops.”
They laughed and said “we’re up to nothing”, but it looked strange and I’ve since learned they were looking for lease violations, taking photos of those violations and forwarding to Corporate in order to get Community Manager in trouble.
Apache and his co-snitch took photos of food being left in varying locations on the property for stray cats/birds/squirrels, which Community Manager had sent out flyers indicating it's a lease violation and attracts unwanted animals to the property. We all know who the food leaver is and I, personally, thought Community Manager should have lease violated that individual instead of sending out flyers, but she didn't and it gave Apache just the ammunition he needed. I don't know what other violations he found, but in my quad he found this.



The photo looks a little grainy because of the dusty screen door, but what you're looking at is a hideously ugly tacky black … I don't know if it's fabric or screen, that the woman directly across the quad from me put up week before last.
I wasn’t sure if she was trying to block me from seeing inside her unit when her blinds are open (as if I would), or blocking her husband from peeping me when my blinds are open (which he probably does) but, either way, I’d told myself at the time that management wasn’t going to allow it. The office has made it clear that they don’t care what you hang on the window for privacy, so long as it is white, because they want uniformity and the place not looking like a ghetto.
Evidently, Community Manager didn’t notice and correct the violation quick enough and, along with other photos Apache had sent to Corporate, he succeeded in getting manager in trouble because, according to him, tired of being bothered with complaints that should have been handled at the level of the Community Manager, Corporate took extreme measures and fired manager.
Not that Apache wanted her fired. He said that after he received the cease and desist, she stopped responding to his telephone calls, emails, and he just wanted her to pay attention and respond.
If Corporate thinks firing Community Manager is going to stop Apache, they’d better think again. If the Karma Train doesn’t turn around and run over him, I fully expect Apache to be even more embolden by this win and continue his quest to get rid of the Pit Bull, which was his initial goal. When Community Manager failed to do that, even took sides with the pit bull owner, saying Apache was harassing the guy, it so angered Apache that he became vengeful and began looking for petty violations to report.
Hopefully the replacement Community Manager isn’t going to be someone who’ll be mean to us, like the predecessor Nurse Ratched was, and I’m hoping our fired Community Manager will land on her feet and go to something better.
What a shame though. Such a nice woman.

2 comments:

  1. I don't think I could live in a setting like that. Especially with the two patrol boys wandering around. I think I would try and figure out something to keep them busy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, some people don't get better with age. They just get old and mean.

      Delete