Monday, April 17, 2017

Then and Now

Switching out the cordless screwdriver with the correct tool -- a cordless drill, made all the difference.
Finished the medal board yesterday without additional nuts, bolts, didn’t even have to use the screwdriver, just the drill, plyers and elbow grease.
Unaccustomed to manual labor, I did wreck my fingernails and started up a blister or two, but such a feeling of accomplishment as you would not believe.

Medal Display THEN

Medal Display NOW

Flip Side Credits


Felt like a glass of champagne was in order upon project completion but, since I don’t drink, I settled for ice cream.
Will I ever make another?
For sure.
Now that I know what I’m doing, and have the proper tool, I’m already envisioning the next board, only I’ll wear work gloves next time.

6 comments:

  1. Good for you. Glad to know there are people achieving accomplishments out there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just followed you here from a comment you left on John at Going Gently's blog. Very interesting reading. Nothing I love more than folks who defy the boxes people insist on putting everyone in. I'll be back!
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello and thanks for visiting. Door is always open, so please do visit again.

      Delete
  3. Good for you! Maybe one day I can become handy too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just read this, Shirley, and immediately thought of you: People who play "Pokemon Go" may feel happier and exercise more than those who do not, according to a survey conducted by researchers at the University of Wisconsin. Researchers say the findings run counter to the sometimes negative perception of playing digital games.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about happier, I'll have to think about that. But for sure excitement of the hunt gets me off the couch and out into the world -- exercise with a purpose.

      Delete