Wednesday, April 26, 2017

My Bad

Arriving at the vision center Tuesday afternoon, I learned the new glasses had been ready for pick up since April 6.
The woman assisting me apologized profusely saying she couldn’t understand how I’d not been notified as the system is automated, at which point a little voice in my head went “Oops!”.
Back in August of last year, I’d blogged that, leaning towards the holistic way of life, how annoying it was to receive constant calls from the automated system to either check in with the doctor, or subject myself to this exam or that scan -- exams/scans I’d on several occasions informed the doctor I was not interested in.
Seeing the constant calls as harassment, less to do with caring for my health and more to do with meeting co-pay and drug pushing quotas, I blocked the number.
Doesn’t mean I still don’t get requests to check-in, get an exam or a scan, they just come by not-so-bothersome snail mail now.
I didn’t know everything is on the automated system but, bottom line is, looks like it’s my bad the system was unable to notify me glasses were ready.
At any rate, glasses are in hand, but not entirely off the to-do list.
The near pair works great for reading, the far pair works great for distance, but neither pair is good for multitasking. For instance, when wearing the near pair -- working on the needlepoint project or reading, I now can’t look over and make out the cross-stitch pattern or look up and see clearly what’s happening on the television screen. Wearing the far pair to the market this morning, I noticed that, when I booted up the Pokémon app, to check the lot for critters, the screen now looked blurry. Consequently, one or both are going to have to be remade for multitasking or yet another pair, specifically for multi-tasking, has to be ordered.
Why is aging so complicated?
I’m not complaining though.
There are seniors here who can’t see well enough to read, do needlepoint or drive, with or without glasses, so I’m happy to lug around three different pair, if that’s what it takes.

No comments:

Post a Comment