Sunday, April 9, 2017

The Aftermat

Apache sent me a photo of his completed shaving cream dyed eggs and they’re impressive.


However, I do wonder if he’d go through the mess again. For sure, I’ll go wooden eggs again, because they came out perfect and look great decorating the bookcase.


When Easter is over, I’ll mix them in with my rock collection.

My behavior towards Greedy Grabby at the coloring party is weighing on my mind.

I’m not a confrontational person, so my behaving so out-of-character was puzzling, until I remembered, besides her irritating actions on the two/three Pizza Days I proctored, there have been subsequent occasions.

One was Fat Tuesday, when I was passing out Mardi Gras beads.

I’d tossed her a string of beads, just like I did everyone else. She accepted, then reached into the beads I had in front of me, intended for others, saying, “I want this one and this one”, and walked off with two more strands.

I shrugged my shoulders and let it be.

Second occasion was end of last month, when we made Easter Wreaths at Arts & Crafts.

The Activity Director had us pose for a group photo after.

We, the group, decided we wanted two photos – one funny, with the wreaths around our faces, the second regular, just showing off our creations.

When the photos were developed, I noticed she'd posed the funny with the wreath not around her face.

Again, she had to do what she wanted.

And, again, I shrugged my shoulders, let it be, but now realize that subconsciously it must have been building up because, at the coloring party, when she manipulated her way into once again getting what she wanted, doing what she wanted, I couldn’t control my aggravation, disgust, decided I wasn’t shrugging it off any longer and said, “No, these are mine” when she reached and “I’m not giving you any” when she asked.

I’ll probably see her again at this coming Friday’s BBQ. The plan is to do my best to avoid, because I'm not done processing my negative emotions towards her, and I'm stuck at still not wanting to even look at her.

Hopefully, she won't try to engage but, if she does, I’m open to a sit down discussion. I just have to think of how to rephrase, “As a human, I find you irritating and disgusting”.

1 comment:

  1. Kids love the shaving cream coloring method. Adults, probably not so much as it is messy. The eggs turn out nicely, though.

    ReplyDelete