Monday, March 27, 2017

Night the Computer Died, Part 2

Feeling a little better about how the so-called “advancements” in technology have inconvenienced me – making complicated that which was previously a breeze. And I definitely have to set up an appointment with optometry for new glasses, because the writing on the keys is so tiny that I have to use a magnifying glass to delineate the newly located home key from those surrounding it.

Thinking perhaps I’d made a mistake in choice of pc’s, I went online last night, read pros and cons for others I’d considered, and came to the conclusion I’m good.

Change is not something I enjoy or normally look forward to. Consequently, it does take something drastic before I submit to change, even when it’s a good change.

Seven years was a good long run with that Sony Vaio but, truth be told, there were problems indicating it probably should have been replaced some time ago.

But that’s me. As long as there’s life in an old material thing, I don’t see the necessity of replacing it with something new.

In fact, it’s kind of prophetic that, when the cable technician was here last week about that modem, he’d remarked that my computer was slow booting up “Because it’s an older model”.

“I love this old girl, and I’m going to run her until the wheels fall off” said I.

A week later, the wheels did indeed fall off.

Now I’m a crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, erasing those words because I’ve said the same thing about the car.

I’m also feeling a little better, except for those frustrating instances my fingers head to the location they’re accustomed to finding backspace, delete, page up, page down but now find something else, because the fingers are doing better at knowing where to go without my looking down, and getting there a little faster.

Lastly, I found an online photo editor that makes it easy to crop and resize photos, even easier than the online editor I was previously using (when I had to go outside the old computer's photo editor, now no longer part of the package) – the online editor whose bookmark is forever lost inside the old computer, as are bookmarks to other sources of information and items of interest.

At any rate, now that I have access to an editor, here are the two photos captured when I found myself in front of the Inland Center.



The area is a mixture of businesses on one side of the street, homes on the other.

Can you imagine hearing/seeing, what is normally seen on the news as happening in other countries, happening in one’s own front yard?

And here’s a photo of the sleek new HP.


I’d actually intended to replace the Sony Vaio with a new Sony Vaio, but learned they are no longer in production.

I'm accepting life is full of change, but can't help but wonder whatever happened to the part which said “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it” and “Don’t mess with a good thing”.

1 comment:

  1. That appears to be a great laptop, size-wise. Very sleek looking.

    ReplyDelete