Saturday, March 11, 2017

Heard and Seen

I’ve a new neighbor already.

Hearing the door open/close and voices coming from the unit underneath me – the one vacated about two weeks ago, I assumed it was a cleaning crew. However, the door opening/closing and voices late at night, I became fairly certain our quad was full up with residents again.

Then, standing on the porch chit chatting with the next door neighbor yesterday, we caught a quick glimpse of a woman going in with groceries. Neighbor yelled out a greeting to her, did not get a response so, though I’ve not seen a moving van, I am now fully certain our quad is full up with residents again.

Don’t know if the lack of response was because she didn’t hear the greeting, but she clearly saw us and, had it been me, I’d have waived and introduced myself. I'm giving her the benefit of the doubt in that sometimes people are so damaged by how it was where they’re moving from that it takes time to realize we’re safe and friendly here.

At any rate, filling the vacancy was amazingly fast. We must have a waiting list again.

Noise doesn’t bother me, but I try to be considerate of those who are bothered. Sounds from that unit into mine travels -- I could hear a former tenant’s snoring, so I’m sure the reverse is true of my sounds being heard. Consequently, I try to keep the sound down on the television when I turn it on too early in the morning, run it all day into late at night.

It doesn’t matter to me whether or not she becomes friendly, I just hope she isn’t a complainer.

Speaking of too early in the morning … with nothing major on my mind and no pull on my time – now that Pizza Tuesday is off my plate and I’m no longer expecting a message from granddaughter at any time asking for assistance in running an errand, I was looking forward to a deep long undisturbed sleep, but heard the cellphone beep twice with a message.

Deep in sleep on the first beep, I heard it but didn’t fully awaken. However, the second beep brought me fully awake at 5:15 -- which IS late for me, but not as late as I'd hoped to sleep this morning.

It was some dumb “look at this” video from the resident who’d agreed to do the next Pizza Tuesday, and it wasn’t her first time sending me crap. I don’t know if it’s because she doesn’t know how to post to Facebook without sending to friends via messenger or if she’s overly friending me because I’m close to Apache and now that they’re recently a couple if it’s a situation of keep your friends close and those you feel too close to your man closer.

At any rate, I decided to solve the messenger situation by blocking her and unfollowing him. I unfollowed him not because of her but because he’s all of a sudden posting pro-trump. Apache is entitled to his opinion, but the postings led to disappointment in him, followed by losing respect for him, so bye boy.

Why am I no longer expecting a message from granddaughter at any time asking for assistance in running an errand you ask.

Her being gifted with a car freed me up quite a bit then, last weekend, she relocated back to Long Beach for purpose of completing her degree to become a History teacher. The bulk of her friends and family are in that area, so hopefully she'll count on them as her support network.

There is actually now nothing holding me in place and, with that extra income due to kick in shortly, for the first time in my life I am totally free to have, go, be, do. Except, I’m 73 years old and now don’t want to have, go, be, do a bloody thing.

Age may be nothing but a number, but it definitely is a limitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment