Thursday, March 9, 2017

Guilt Trip

That big deal inspection – something to do with tax credits, was a two-day affair.

Day 1 was devoted to outside -- groups being walked around by Complex Management, looking at landscaping, paint, checking things attached to buildings for stability.

Day 2 (yesterday) was looking at the inside of individual units for condition of carpet, paint, plumbing, fixtures, blinds, smoke detectors, etc.

The notice we received indicated units would be selected at “random”.

Nothing to do with us residents, I’m sure. More to keep management honest by not allowing management to show well-maintained units, hide those units management elected not to keep repairs up on.

It’s too bad this big deal inspection didn’t happen last summer when I had termites streaming into the unit and couldn’t get that mean Nurse Ratched to call termite control.

Now that Nurse Ratched is out-of-the-picture, I don’t think management has anything to worry about. I’d be very surprised if they did not pass the inspection with flying colors.

Not knowing if my unit would be one of the “random”, but hoping it would be so I could lay a subliminal guilt trip on the woman from Corporate who stole my favorite belt during a previous inspection, I posed the replacement belt on the counter by the front door where her eyes couldn’t miss it coming into the unit and exiting the unit.




It looks identical to the pilfered belt, but you know how it is with the loss of a treasured object, this one just doesn’t feel the same.

I’d like to see the belt thief feel guilty enough to mysteriously re-appear the original belt outside my door. In return, she’d find this duplicate mysteriously appear on her car – a trade.

Not likely to happen, especially since the inspection is over and my unit was not one of the random, but I can dream.

Nothing else on tap for us seniors remainder of the week, actually nothing on tap remainder of the month except for the St Patrick's Day Ice Cream social on the 17th and, of course, Pizza Tuesday will go on.

Feeling a little guilty myself for not being able to handle the Activity Director's failure to follow through and management's mixed messages, I asked around and found them a replacement for next Tuesday -- one of the only two residents I've allowed to facebook friend me. It occurs to me that next door neighbor might also be willing to take a turn, so I'll ask her and then I'll be completely guilt free and done with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment