Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Santa’s Little Helpers

Working on the closet won out as yesterday’s activity and, in the process, I was able to let go of a few items I could not part with during previous efforts. I also found my minion goggles.

Once again, it was a situation of not putting items in their proper place.

After last year’s Halloween 5K in haunted Creek park, instead of putting the goggles with the costume, I’d evidently put them inside the minion backpack, which backpack went into a container in the far recesses of the closet and was promptly forgotten about until, after pulling out and weeding through all the other containers yesterday, I spied a container in the back and the minion backpack inside.

Deciding I no longer needed that particular backpack and could donate, something told me to look inside and voilá, there the goggles were.

I’d recently ordered replacement goggles, don’t like ‘em because they're glasses instead of goggles, so now that I have my original goggles back, I’ll stick the replacements in the backpack for the next owner – probably a child. It’s practically brand new, only used once, and is animated talk-n-play.




I’m still left with far too many containers holding far too much stuff – knickknacks, diet cookbooks, spiritual literature, clothing, cds, but this will to do until the next time I decide to weed out or find an organization interested enough to pick up for free -- but just the cookbooks and cds.

On the way to the mailbox in the afternoon, I walked past the door to the Community Room and was delighted to see a couple Santa’s Helpers had stepped in to handle the decorations.



There were actually four Helpers, doing quite a good job. So I’m off the hook on that one.

On tap for today is dropping off a couple pairs of high heels, boots, purses and that backpack at a donation center. While I’m out and about, since a lot of walking is not advisable, I’ll check for PokéStops in the area, drive to and collect balls from the car.

3 comments:

  1. You have so many fun "kid" things. I'm sure there are many children who would love to have that backpack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there will be a child for that pack. Yes, hold still and let the fracture heal. It's going to be a good looking tree too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those fun kid things are how I manage cosplay on a budget :-)

    ReplyDelete