Sunday, November 20, 2016

Life Goes On

Where did the morning go?

Up at 6:00, I ran a few quick errands after breakfast and, when I began feeling hungry again, looked at my watch and realized it was noon already.

Time is really flying these days.

I wasn’t supposed to be out running errand, because I picked up a stress fracture in my left foot at the Mission Inn Run and the doctor ordered a limit to my activities. But life goes on, and having not the luxury of someone to do for me, I still have to be on my feet to do housework, cooking, market runs and this morning it was off to Walmart to pick up prints from the Mission Inn Run.

When walking on uneven asphalt at the run, I became aware it was causing my foot and ankles to wobble. I quickly moved towards the middle of the road to a smoother area, but I guess it was too late because, over the next few days, both ankles began to feel weak and my left foot began to throb.

Because the world isn’t going to stop for me, “limit your activities” will be giving up PokémonGo hunting for the next few days, while everything else is as usual.

After picking up the prints this morning, I stopped by Starbucks.

The display of Christmas Cups designed by customers is up.




For my Canadian reader, your countryman made the cut.




Is he now famous over there?

You all will be amazed to know this morning was only my third trip to Starbucks since the middle of October.

Cutting back on caffeine wasn’t planned, it just happened.

Passing CVS on the way back to the complex, I recalled SilverWillow suggested I might find a Christmas Money Card there.

Good call, they had plenty.

But wouldn't you know, an event has come up -- an event which is taking me to an overnight in Long Beach on the 10th of December, and requires yet another birthday money card.

CVS had none.

So now it’s back to the Dollar Tree to see if they’ve more in stock and/or the other locations Silver Willow suggested.

But not today or this week, because I am going to try to stay off my feet next few days so I can complete Thursday’s Turkey Trot, which I am determined to do.

The Turkey Trot is a costumed event. While daughter is planning on wearing Thanksgiving colors, I had no plans of trying to come up with yet another costume, opting instead to wear pretty much what I’d worn at the Mission Inn Run, until I remembered having purchased a Pilgrim Outfit two or three years ago.

After accepting delivery of the outfit, I didn’t like it, didn’t return it, tossed it into a storage container along with tutus, Wonder Woman, Bat Girl and Captain America gear.

Digging through the container, I found it.



You can see why I didn’t wear it. The long apron would have been too difficult to race in and the bonnet would make me look too dorky.

However, the plan now is to cut and sew the apron down to wearable length, lose the bonnet and sexy the outfit up with leggings and a sleeveless tank top, rather than long sleeves.

Looking at the event flyer, there's beer at the end of the 5K. I don't drink, but I just might give beer a try.

5 comments:

  1. Did he wrap it or cast it? You can always sit back and put your feet up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No. I didn't want it wrapped or cast, not that serious. Just ice and rest, foot up should get me right.

      Delete
  2. You poor thing! Stay off it as long as you can, or it will be bothering you the whole holiday season. Good luck with those Christmas money cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I fear you're right about bothering me the whole holiday season if I don't stay off, but I'm motivated to keep going after watching a young man do the whole Mission Inn Run on crutches.

      Delete
  3. Hi Shirley, thanks for the info on the Starbucks contest winners. I must admit that I don't frequent Starbucks even though there's one on ever corner (or so it seems). I'm sure the Canadian winner is famous within the Starbuck community. I really like their coffee but my stomach rebels whenever I drink it. I'm sorry about your injury and admire your resolve to continue with the Turkey Trot. Your costume looks great. Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete