Tuesday, November 1, 2016

I Dream of Coffee

Had a dream last night that I’d placed a Starbucks Venti Coffee on the seat of the car, rather than in the cup holder and, of course, promptly spilled the contents. The dream had me picking up a second Venti, again putting it on the seat of the car, and it getting spilled by someone taking a seat. At this point, in the dream, I heard myself say I was determined to have coffee and went back for a third Venti.

Whether or not I got to drink that third cup, I don’t specifically remember but I’m pretty sure I did not.

The dream manual says dreaming of coffee equates to a need to gain some insight before making a decision or a need to change your routine.

Interesting.

I have an appointment to renew my lease tomorrow.

Since no one showed up in costume for the Halloween potluck brunch, I admit to having thoughts that I don’t belong with these old people because I’m not the same kind of old as they, but I’m otherwise happy here. And, with Nurse Ratched no longer in the picture, renewing the lease is a no-brainer.

I did have an appointment to have new shocks put on the car this Thursday, but the dealer had a problem finding rear shocks in the state, had to order outside, and they won’t arrive until next Monday, so that appointment has been rescheduled to Thursday, the 18th. Not much to rethink there – shocks are needed, the repair must be made.

I could probably shop around and get the job done a lot cheaper than the $1300 quoted, but I'm not the shop-around kind. I figure all mechanics will take advantage of my being a female, not knowledgeable insofar as cars are concerned, so just stick with who I'm comfortable with -- the GMC dealer.

That leaves the dream manual’s suggestion I change my routine.

So instead of another day of not heading to Starbucks, I headed out and had my first cup in 16 days.

2 comments: