Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Say Hello to My Little Friend



Actually, not just a friend, it’s my Great Grandchild – granddaughter’s latest baby, a six to eight week old Chihuahua mix named Ebony.

Someone moving out of her complex said she couldn’t care for the pup any longer and literally threw her into granddaughter’s arms.

At least this person didn’t simply abandon the pup, with no food, no water, which is how my first Great Grandchild came to be.




Two years ago, residents moved out of an apartment, abandoned Patches -- a Jack Russell Terrier mix, then about the same age as Ebony is now. The people moved out on a weekend, leaving him alone in the apartment, to be discovered by management two or three days later.

Granddaughter quickly took custody and, between granddaughter and daughter, he’s become one pampered spoiled pooch.

Will be interesting to see how he adapts to having a sister.

Here at the complex, it appears we’ll be having two Thanksgiving Dinners.

We have the event scheduled by management this Friday, the 18th, which I’m hoping the menu is El Pollo Loco, and probably is because The Baker, The Seer and Apache have organized a Potluck for Friday the 24th.

The sign-up sheet reads, “The Turkey will be here. We need sides.”

I’ve been too preoccupied with my 5Ks and PokémonGo to check into the Community Room, spend time with the folks to keep up with the happenings, but I’m assuming they know something I don’t know – that El Pollo is on the menu for the 18th but they’re bound and determined to bring a turkey into the mix.

The potluck is the same day as the Turkey Trot, but isn’t until 4:00, by which time I’ll be long home and rested.

Ordinarily, I’d make my signature deviled eggs -- designed to look like turkeys, but I’m still miffed that no one had sufficient spirit to wear a costume for the Halloween function, so I’m not putting myself out for these no costume wearing folks. I signed up for cranberry sauce – canned.

4 comments:

  1. that puppy is adorable! Of course, I have a real soft spot in my heart for chihuhuas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That'l do. Olives, canned, are another good one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea for the next time they disappoint me.

      Delete