Thursday, October 3, 2024

Third of Halloween

Running on empty.

Plan for today was to get up early, run errands, return to the complex by 11:00 to attend Boebert’s going away party. However, after binge watching episodes of Bridgerton until 3 o’clock this morning, trying to get out early enough to get back in time, after only 4 hours of sleep, that plan fell apart.

No matter, as I wasn’t all that keen on attending the going away party.

Making the better use of my time and what little energy I did have, I finally made it out of the area to Sprouts and See’s, where I loaded up on enough of my special medication to get me through all the bullshiz leading up to the election and the never-ending family drama.


Sanctuary


We finally got this month’s Activity Calendar posted to our doors today.

There’s another Community Meeting on Friday the 18th, 11:00, same time as my workout. So no thanks because, based on the last meet, it’s not worth missing a workout.

I’ll depend on the grapevine to cue me in on what now is "Not okay".

Also on the calendar, is a blurb, "Reminder per your lease agreement residents are responsible for light bulbs and other resident related damages".

No. 1, there must be a new lease going around, because I can find no mention of that in mine.

No. 2, I seem to recall that, just last month, when Compton’s mom got into that argument with manager — about manager wanting Compton gone, and mom questioned manager about the rent increases, asking what’s in the lease about the increases; Manager had said, "We don’t have leases here anymore".

Me thinks manager is just making up crap as she goes along, but I asked Google about the legality of it and got double talk.

"Yes, property management can charge for light bulb replacement if the lease states that the tenant is responsible for replacing the bulbs" (I don’t see where it says so in my lease).

But then, on the other hand Google says ……

"In general, the tenant is responsible for replacing light bulbs in the unit or in appliances that belong to them (we don’t own the fixture or the appliances). The landlord is usually responsible for replacing bulbs if they are the ones who do the work" (what does that mean? It’s double talk.

At any rate, there's more important things to obsess over than manager’s making shiz up as she goes along …… a money grab but, when my renewal comes up in a few weeks, I’ll take my lease agreement down with me, ask to be shown where it says we’re responsible for light bulbs.

Also, on the calendar is a Harvest Festival ………… "Join us for a spooktacular Day, Tuesday October 29, 11am – 3pm, Halloween Costume Contest".

Y’all know how I enjoy dressing up cosplay style, but this event is reading like another fool me, like the decorating designer apples thing, because of the day’s full schedule.


So, which is it? Are we having a festival and costume contest from 11 to 3, or is it all this other crap until 12:30 and then, 12:30 to 1:30, the Halloween Spooktacular Event/DIY Dessert?

This management group's incompetence is soooooo tiresome.

2 comments: