Monday, October 21, 2024

Dropout

Yesterday was the 5k I so enjoyed challenging myself on year after year ─ Mission Inn Run/Walk.

According to last year’s stats (if they were correct, which I still doubt I did that well), I finished 49th out of 481 in the male and female all ages category and, breaking it down to just women all ages, I was reported as 39th out of 348.

Since then, there’s not been a lot of training, due to the endless heat and lack of motivation. So, knowing I was not in shape for that course, I did not register this year.

Trainer kept encouraging me, said he thought I could do it, but the words of Dirty Harry were ringing in my ears, with a slight modification ... "A woman’s got to know her limitations".

It’s Trainer’s job to encourage, instill confidence so, to prove to me I could do it, a week or so ago, he set the treadmill at a steep incline for four minutes.

I almost died.

When I left the studio that day, my left ankle and right hip felt out of kilter, and I'd only lasted 2 minutes out of the 4.

I always snap back pretty quick and did, after a good soak in Epsom salt and a day to rest before the next training session.

So that particular 5k was a definite no for this year.

Maybe next year.

In other news, I asked around about the Community Meeting and learned it had been cancelled.

Hmmmmm????

I’m having buyer’s remorse over these Mitts, purchased at Disneyland.


I don’t know what I was thinking, as they don’t go with my Minnie Mouse Halloween costume.

They're cute though, so I'll pass them on to the great grandbabies to play with or use as pillows.

These Nightmare Before Christmas ears also don't go with my costume, but I love the half Halloween half Christmas ears — a Disney gift from the kids, and maybe I can build a costume around them in the future.


They're reversable.



4 comments:

  1. My 5K days are over too. The last time I ran/walked one - I was last. Lots of great shots of the ambulance at the end following me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought Minnie Mouse had hands like those gloves?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Minnie has delicate little white gloves. Mickey has the big mitts.

      Delete